24. 'I Don't Want to Die'

//We have a 10-67, possible 10-65// 

 Mile's car radio crackled to life. 

He had been sitting in his patrol car, watching the pedestrians run around on street. The Alpha had been drowning himself in his job. Taking any and all shifts available. If he could help it, Mile was only home to shower and sleep. He couldn't bring himself to be in that house long. He'd go steal moments with Nolan in the dead of night, cuddling with the pup on the sofa chair in his nursery. 

He couldn't handle seeing Apo, it hurt too much. He felt like a fool. "Unit 137, in route," 

Mile replied to Dispatch. The radio crackled as others responded. A missing person could close up a cold case. Mile hoped the person that called was the one missing. Finding a missing person dead was always difficult. 

The stench of decay would stay stuck in his nose for days. He barely slept as it was. His skin itched, his wolf was constantly feeling on edge, ready to snap at anything. He was missing his Mate's touch. But the Alpha couldn't bring himself to touch Apo, he felt tricked. 

The Omega had let someone else bed him. Someone else knocked him up and it filled Mile with bitterness. His instincts kept fighting with his logical mind. His wolf wanted him to go to the Omega, hold him, and nuzzle him and the pup in his stomach. The constant mantra of Mine!Breed!Pup! sounded in his head. But then his mind kept reminding him over and over of all of his test result, flashes of the reports dancing in front of his eyes, telling him he was inadequate, tainted. He couldn't have pups. Period. There was no way Apo was carrying his. Yet the Omega tried to talk to him. He would reach out to touch him and Mile just couldn't. 

One night he had been so filled with rage, that he had left a bruise on the Omega's arm after almost— Mile wiped his face in frustration. He had been mortified by his actions after he had attacked Apo. He would hear the Omega cry at night for him. 

The Omega would talk to Nolan in the nursery, saying things like, 'I miss Daddy' and 'Daddy love you Nolan, just not me'. Mile parked his patrol car behind Ping's. The other Alpha and Wang were standing close together as Mile walked over. 

 "What's going on?," Mile asked. Just as Jay  and Ben pulled up in their shared patrol car. They were standing in front of a decaying two story house in the middle of a major drug trafficking neighborhood. 

 "There's movement in the house, multiple suspects I'm guessing," Wang informed him. 

 "Has anyone actually heard the call?," Mile wondered. 

 "I did," Ben announced as he walked over. 

"It sounded like a terrified and crying pup," He clarified. Ping passed Mile the missing pup flyer. When he had heard it was a missing person's case, he hadn't thought about the possibility of it being a pup. 

"We got the warrant!," Jay yelled, jogging towards them with the folded paper. 

 "Alright, Ping with me, Wang circle around left while Jay and Ben circle around right," Mile instructed. They all nodded; quickly each of them slipped on their bulletproof vests before spreading out and moving forward. 

Mile's Alpha took precedence. His Alpha red eyes glowing, Mile headed towards the front door with Ping. Weapons out and at the ready, Mile kicked the door open. He and Ping expertly ran in. 

 "POLICE!," They barked. Mile saw three big shadows scattering towards the back of the house through a hallway. Just as he marched towards them, a shadow came from the door across the room. His firearm aimed at Ping. Mile pulled the trigger of his gun. He watched the perp drop dead as he fell backwards. Ping spun around, eyes wide. The Alpha looked at Mile with a grateful nod. Ping went through the door the perp had come out through while Mile took to the hall on the left. He could hear four shots sounding off at the back of the house. His senses felt hyper aware, which was a blessing and a curse. The stench of multiple Alpha musk swirled throughout the house with a mix of Omega distress. He could make out about eight different scents. So many scents in such a small area started to hurt his head.