38. Everything's Ok

The phone rang, jolting Apo out of his sleep. He rose up on his elbows and found himself alone in the dark bedroom. The phone rang again and he shimmied over to Mile's side of the bed to reach the phone on the nightstand. 

The red numbers of the alarm clock told him it was eleven after one in the morning. As he picked up the receiver a chill of fear ran through him. Mile should have been home two hours ago. 

 "H-Hello?," The Omega stuttered. 

"Apo , its Ping. Mile's in the hospital. He was attack but he'll be ok, just—," 

 "Which hospital?!," The Omega interrupted him, his body shaking as panic swirled around him. He was steadily getting out of the bed to get dressed. 

 "Health Mediacal Center" Ping informed him.

 Apo barely said goodbye before he hung up and hurried to go get Nolan. He waddled up the stairs as quickly as possible while still pulling on one of Mile's Police sweaters. 

 Apo reached his sleeping pup, feeling guilty for waking him as he gently scooped the pup up into his arms before nuzzling him and carefully putting him into his carrier. Thankfully Nolan always had a diaper bag ready by the door. 

 Nolan barely fussed but looked around at his Papa confused and half asleep. 

 Mile was in the hospital, he was hurt. Ping said he was attacked but ok, yet the desperate need to see his Alpha was practically choking him. 

 After making it back down stairs, Apo eyed the keys hanging on the hook by the front door. The Hyundai's Sonata keys. 

 "Come on baby, we have to go see daddy," Apo voiced to his pup while Nolan simply looked at him puzzled. 

 The Omega grabbed the keys and left the house. It was pitch black outside and he had never driven without Mile . Not that he could actually call what he had done driving but—He did not have time to waste. He had to get to the hospital. He needed to make sure Mile was ok. He had always dreaded getting this kind of phone call and he was trying not to panic. Apo secured Nolan into the car seat. The pup was awake now just watching his Papa suspiciously. 

 "Dada?!," The pup demanded. 

 "Yes baby, we are going to daddy," Apo replied as he eased into the driver's seat. 

 Mile was tall, the seat was pushed way back. Apo struggled for a few minutes between his stomach and the seat to get closer so he could reach the pedals. The engine roared to life and Apo took a deep breath. 

He could do this, Mile was in the hospital and he needed him. The Omega eyed the side and rear-view mirrors as he slowly guided the large vehicle out of the drive way. He started to turn the wheel and smirked to himself when the car was moving in the direction he wanted it to.

He pressed down on the gas hard as he tried to get more comfortable in the seat and the car jerked backwards, making him yelp. Then he felt it, he hit something with the car.

"Shit!,"Apo looked at the side mirror and saw he had knocked over the garbage can.

"Shit," The Omega murmured again. He kept his foot on the brake as he shifted gears into drive. As he moved the car forward, he leaned as much as he could to see over the steering wheel. It was so dark out, he could barely see.

The car continued moving down the street while Apo tried to figure out how to turn on the lights. Just as he found the lever and clicked it on, he smiled proudly as the headlights came on only for him to screech. He hit their neighbor's garbage can, dragging it a few feet.