44.

Before I start the new chapter it's been a hot minute since I last updated this fic and I'm sorry💀

My plan was to update it before I went on holiday but I got distracted with life and things then I came back to wattpad to find out I forgot my password and once I logged in the app kinda crashed but thankfully it wasn't just mine that was playing up so I deleted the app💀 and forgot about this fic and my other ones.

Anyyyway I'm back so hi💅🏻
I hope you guys had a good Christmas Halloween and whatever else I missed

Reading over this fic makes me notice how messy it is
this shit is going everywhere but I've planned it all out so I'm not winging it anymore like I was in past chapters.

4 days later

"You sure you don't want me to come with you?"
You shake your head "no Lilly I will be fine..besides i won't be on my own with him"
"Alright y/n you know where to find me if you need me"
You give Lilly a weak smile and she hugs you so you hug her back before hading to class.
Before going in the room you took a deep breath.
Since you saw that picture of tom you've been struggling to deal with everything and you're worried if seeing tom again will make you feel worse.
You can do this
You push open the door and make your way to the table that has your name on.
The whole set up reminds you of high school
You place your bag under the table and sit down when you look straight forward you see him.
His eyes lock onto you.
Your heart skips a beat.
He looks drained and sad.
Or tired because he's been railing his new bird
You sake your thoughts away.
You shouldn't be thinking that
Who cares if he's tired because of that its not your problem.
How long was it going on for?
stop it
"Y/n"
You snap out of it and dart your attention to who was saying you name.
Tom
You clear your throat "uh yeah?"
"You test papers" he says
You blink and look at his hands
"Oh..thanks" you take it off him
He then gives you a sad smile
Ugh

"Right everyone you have 60 minuets to do this test when you've completed it go over your answers then you may leave"
He pauses and looks at you "good luck"

Right so if i just hurry up with this i can go
Let's do this

You're the last one in the room
You didn't realise until Tom tells you that you've got 10 minutes left.
"Y/n you've got 10 minutes left make sure you go over your answers"
Huh why is he just talking to me
You look around the room and you're the only one left.
Shit I didn't plan to be the last one here
You move your attention to Tom and nod before actually going over your answers.

Once the 10 minutes are over you put your pen down and close the test.
You start packing your things when Tom comes over to collect the paper.
He clears his throat.
"Y/n can we please talk" he sounded so vulnerable which makes you feel sorry for him.
He wants you to feel sorry for him.
He's in the wrong not you.
Be quiet.
You look up to him nibbling the dead skin off your bottom lip.
"I don't think that's a good idea..I have to go" you say before picking up your bag and making your way to the door"
Tom rushes towards the door and blocks it so you can't leave.
Your heart starts to pound.
"Let me leave right now" you demand
"Not until we talk" Tom replies
What if he's going to hurt me
He would never hurt me
But he cheated I never thought he would cheat
So he could possibly hurt me
"Y/n what I'd never hurt you" tom says with pain in his eyes.
"Did I say that out loud" you say quietly.
"Yes..please y/n sit down so we can talk"
"There's nothing to talk about tom why don't you talk with your new girl"
"You should be happy" you add
"Happy? Why would I be happy y/n you meant everything to me you- you still do"
You ignore the last bit and focus on the first bit
Letting out a small laugh you say
"you had a problem with my age from day one even after meeting my parents so you should be happy you've gotten a girl who's around your age"
"Y/n you're my student there's a big age gap between us it's obviously going to play on my mind especially over the fact that I could lose my job over us and how others will react to us
I'm not with her i was never with her this is why I want to talk with you about everything what happened on that day
It looks really bad I admit but nothing happened she-"
You cut Tom off.
"I've had enough let me leave or I will scream"