26.

When you went upstairs you went and got a shower before calling tom back.
You did what mason said to do which was to tell tom you made an excuse to end the call.
Obviously he asked why and you explained the reason.
He ended up apologising to you and  said that he didn't know that he was making you feel that way.
After that conversation you talked about what you both was going to do tomorrow and how it would be nice to spend Christmas together.
After that you were actually getting tired so you said to tom that you were going to sleep.
After the call you did a bit of reading and went to sleep.
.
.
.
~Morning~
Your plan was to sleep in all day but scarlett had other idea.
She jumps on your bed waking you up.
You groan.
"Scar piss off" you say.
Scarlett laughs trying to pull the covers off you.
"Get up y/n get up"
"Scar im serious piss off let me sleep"
She then starts jumping on your bed.
"Im going to tell Santa not to bother leaving you presents if you keep it up"
"Jokes on you i dont believe in him anymore" she replies.
Fuck sake
"Y/n get up, mom has made breakfast" she jumps off your bed.
"Ugh fine fine fine" you get out of bed and scarlett holds your hand and drags you down stairs.
When you get down stairs your mother is dishing out breakfast and Mason and ellie are sat around the table.
"Good morning y/n"  your mother says.
You nod your head.
"Morning"  you reply.
"Happy Christmas Eve" ellie says to you.
What
"What do you mean happy Christmas Eve" you ask.
"Y/n its Christmas Eve" mason says.
"Shit really?" You say in a shocked tone.
Mason and ellie nod.
"thats gone so fast"
"Tell me about it" your mother says.
She plates you up a full English with pancakes and fruit.
"Thank you" you say.
"No problem" your mother replies.
Your mother was acting really weird and you were curious to what Mason had told her last night so you message him.

You
What did you say to mom last night?

Mason
Nothing why?

You
Don't lie you said you was going to have a word with her so what did you say because she's acting really weird

Mason laughs while reading your text.

Mason
I just told her she needs to put her kids first and stop prioritising her work

Your eyes widened
If you said that to her you're pretty sure you'd of been slapped.

You
Damn how aren't you dead

Mason
What do you mean?

You
If it was me and I had told her that I'd probably be 6 feet under by now

Mason
She did tell me to watch my mouth but I said I wasn't a child so I can say what I want and she's just acting that way because she knows that I'm speaking facts about she should put her kids first

Ellie looks at both you and Mason
"Are you guys seriously messaging each other?"
You look up from your phone.
"What no" you say.
You hear your mother laugh.
"She's probably texting her boyfriend and masons probably texting his army friends" she says smiling.
Ellie looks at you.
"You have a man and you didn't tell me!"
Thanks mom
"Listen I forgot a lots been going on" you reply.
"When can we meet him?" She asks.
You look at your mother and at Mason not sure what to say until your mother says something that surprises you.
"Why don't you ask him over for Christmas dinner tomorrow" she says.
Both you and Mason say "what"
At the same time.
"Dads going to be here right so there's no way I'm asking Tom to come" you say.
Your mother shakes her head.
"Your brother and father aren't able to come back so it will just be us cmon y/n ask him
It would be nice to meet him and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself more if he was here"
You nibble your lip and look at Mason who is shaking his head to say no.
I've met his friends so I guess it wouldn't hurt if he met my family well some of it..and that means he won't be alone for Christmas if he isn't doing anything.
"Okay fine" you say nodding your head.
"Great" your mother replies.
You don't want to message Tom and ask him about tomorrow straight away so you plan on doing it roughly dinner time ish.
You spend the rest of the morning finishing off your breakfast before going outside to play with the dog.
Ellie is probably upstairs on FaceTime with her friends or binge watching things on Netflix in her room.
You can hear Scarlett and Mason on the switch,masons teasing her which is making Scarlett have a meltdown.
he always does that so she goes upstairs crying so he's left on the switch by himself.
You move from the door step to a swing that's further up the garden.
You go in your little world while swinging on the swing till a hand on your shoulder snaps you out of it.

I know I didn't post yesterday but I've been writing the 27th chapter for the past 4 days🥴
I've hit a bit of writers block in one part so because of that next chapter will be out on Wednesday.
I'm just trying to think of something for y/n to do to pass the time before she does something that leads to a big thing in chapter 28💀
So I've got a question, what do you guys normally do on Christmas Eve?