Chapter 26

{rewind time to a few minutes ago}

"Yeah, they're here." Lloyd confirmed as my worst fear has come to haunt me: I'd hurt our beloved leader and now the other ninja were here and out for blood. My blood. I tried not to let my panic show, but I must've failed initially because when Lloyd turned to me, his eyes tinged with empathy as he crouched down next to me and planted a quick kiss on my cheek. "I'm gonna go talk to them before they get up here." He told me. I didn't agree with this plan. Before I even had time to argue, Lloyd had already dashed down the stairs. 

"Alright. . ." I called just as he disappeared from view. I wanted to go down there and join him but as soon as I heard Jay. I froze in place. What the First Spinjitzu Master?! Oh, I'm doomed. I whined silently as I ear-wigged on what was being said. . . 

Yes! I know it's rude, but I didn't know if I could trust my so - called "friends." The only real person I trusted at this point in time was my boyfriend. . . Remind me again why I'm actually talking to you? Are you even here or are you a figment of my imagination as well?

Pfft. Whatever. I don't give a flying serpentine anymore. . .

"Lloyd, what are you doing here?" I heard Jay ask, surprise edging his voice.

Don't tell them I'm here. . . Don't tell them I'm here. I pleaded as Viridian did the exact opposite.

"I found him." Lloyd told them as I cursed at myself for not going to a more remote location before I heard the second part. "Hold on a second! You're not going up if you intend to hurt him." He snapped as I shifted back behind my hiding spot.

"Why would I join them if we were here to hurt him?" I heard Nya say as my fear faded slightly but was still dominant.

"Nya?" I muttered as she continued.

  "I came here with them to keep them in line. . . I don't want to lose my brother. We've already lost our father, our mother is possessed by our evil grandma. . . I'm the only relative he has left. So I ask again: why would I hurt him?"

She's got a point. . . No. . . No! You know why they're here. You hurt Viridian. They want revenge! My mind bellowed as I held my hands to my temples as the voice stopped.

"With everything that's gone wrong, I don't think that Kai needs the stress of thinking about those who want to kill him!" Lloyd defended like he read my mind. I let my hands go back to my sides. Right now, I couldn't even tell if they were being truthful or deceitful.

"We did not come here to hurt him. . ." Zane started but was cut off forcefully by Lloyd.

"Then tell me: why are you here?"

Oh Shintaro! You've really done it now Lloyd. I thought as I recalled the desperate look Cole gave me before I introduced them to Nya. You see. . . I think Cole likes Zane. I think! With the amount of times I've caught the two of them together and Cole holding hands with Zane...  I honestly have no clue.

"Watch it, Green Ninja!" Cole snapped as I feared for Lloyd at this point. 

Cole was the strongest member of the team, at that growl, I wasn't surprised that he hadn't torn Viridian to shreds yet. "We wanted to apologise!" I heard a heavy sigh then an explanation."You were right, Lloyd. We were terrible friends and when Kai needed us most, we looked at him with fear. . . We want to make it right. Can we go up now, or do you need more proof?"