Chapter 3

I dashed to the control room and started looking through recording after recording to find what happened at seven o'clock this morning. After about an hour of searching, I came across the recording. "Jay! Come here, quick!" I yelled.

Jay ran next to me, "You found something?" He asked in disbelief.

"You bet I did." I replied, pulling up the recording "Look at this." Jay gawked at what he saw. His best friend outside my room 07:10 this morning. "But that's not all I found. . ." I said as I rewound it to a minute before he knocked. Jay looked so shocked, he stumbled back in surprise. I couldn't believe it either. 

There was this random person in the hallway. She had blue highlights in her long black hair; wore a sky blue dress-type-thing that had an interlocking wave pattern, which shimmered in the sunlight. Whoever it was, looked around before bringing out a pale blue seashell that was attached to a gold chain. When she looked toward the camera for a brief second I noticed her eye colour. Light brown. Like the person I saw last night? I thought, not saying a word. She looked around one last look around. Then the necklace glowed fiercely, when the glow died down they looked like Cole! We paused the footage, staring at it for what seemed like hours.

"But how did a stranger get into the monastery!?" I demanded, although I had a strange feeling, like I know this person but I had no memory of her.

"I don't know. . ." Jay answered thinking hard. "Whoever they are, probably threw on the disguise before arriving. Posing as one of us. ." We looked at each other in shock. "We have to tell the others!" We exclaimed.

"I'll go get them. I'll be right back, Kai." Jay said as he raced out of the room. While he was gone, I wanted to see what happened after I left last night. I rewound the tape further to find at about 02:30 in the morning someone entered my room! I couldn't tell who though, which really bugged me. I'll find out eventually, as soon as I find this imposter! I told myself firmly, fast forwarding the recording back to where me and Jay left it.

"Alright everyone, Kai and I found something weird on the cctv. . ." Jay informed everyone as they filed into the control room. "Kai told me that Cole was acting strange this morning, I thought that it was Kai being paranoid or something -?

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I shot a look of annoyance at Jay, who completely ignored my outburst.

"So we checked the camera footage. . ." Jay continued, pausing briefly "and we found something. . ." Jay looked at me and nodded. The others followed his gaze. I looked at my friends, Someone's not who they say they are. My thoughts were running rampant. I had to keep my cool. I nodded back, motioning everyone to gather around. Everyone stood around the monitor, waiting to see why they were all called here. I took a deep breath before playing the recording, stepping to the side of the monitor so everybody can see. I watched their reactions. Lloyd's reaction was a mix of shock and surprise. Zane also looked shocked, I think. Cole's reaction was one I was not expecting. He looked surprised at what was shown. 

Dammit! I cursed to myself. Either whoever was on the video is a really good actress, or the perp isn't here. "This was recorded before my conversation with Cole." I stated taking a breath before finishing my thought. "I think that the imposter is disguising herself to look like one of us. But my question is, where was Cole when this took place this morning?" I asked turning to face Cole, who looked shocked at my question.

"I was in the training grounds getting an early start on everything! Check the camera's if you don't believe me." He said desperately looking around as though we were all going to attack him. 

"Alright, lets have a look." I responded, switching the cameras that were looking over the training grounds and rewound to 07:10 am. "He's telling the truth," I said, stepping to one side showing the others. Cole was indeed in the training grounds at the time of the conversation. 

"So this person can change their appearance to look like any one of us. . ." Lloyd looked around at us probably thinking the same thing we were. "Travel in pairs or a group of three. If this person wants to imitate us, we have to make sure we are not alone." Everyone nodded. 

"Hang on a second!" I interrupted looking at my watch. It was 4 o'clock. "I agreed to meet this mystery person at the docks soon." 

"Then we're coming with you!" Cole said. Everyone, apart from me, agreed with him. 

"No. You're not." I retorted stubbornly. "I'm the one who agreed to go, so I'm going. Alone!"

"Fine, but let us come for back-up." Lloyd agreed. "We can stay hidden and if this is a trap, we don't want you going in without a back-up plan." 

I groaned in annoyance. They are all so stubborn! I fumed silently. "Alright, fine!" I snapped, "But I approach whoever it is alone! Only intervene when necessary." I clarified impatiently as I stormed out of the room. I know they care about me, but jeez . . .  I walked out onto the training grounds and shoved the gate open. 

I started my journey to the docks, racing to get there as fast as I could. If I was late, the mystery person would definitely suspect something was up.

We had one  opportunity to catch this person, we have to make it count. . .