Chapter 11

After having breakfast with the queen, which didn't go as bad as I thought it would all things considered. I didn't touch anything that looked. . .strange. Most things at the table were kelp and seaweed based so I didn't eat much. Nya and I went back to my room and she started telling me about how I forgot about her and our parents.

"So after Maya wiped everyone's memory of her being a mermaid, Ray and Maya started working in the blacksmith shop. . ." She talked for ages about all the different adventures that had happened. 

Apparently, we fought a whole bunch of threats together including: Pythor and the Serpentine; the Overlord; robots controlled by the Overlord; a psychotic madman who wanted to be snake-people; ghosts and a lot more.

". . . then my powers started becoming unpredictable and I had to leave." She said sadly. "I jumped off of the docks and dove back into the ocean, turning into a mermaid. According to my mother, I could only use my powers for a few years before I reverted back to my true form. The pain of leaving you all was too much to bear, especially Jay, so. . ."

"So you wiped our memories of you and our parents." I finished as she looked away from me. "I thought that they abandoned me when I was young, growing up alone and fending for myself 'til Master Wu showed up and I started training as a ninja." I got up and asked her my last question. "Are you that voice I was hearing a few days ago?"

"You mean the one calling your name?" She asked as I nodded. "Yes. Mother wanted me to find you so we could tell you our secret."

"Thank you for telling me, but I have to go." I said as I stood up from the bed. I looked to Nya and gave her a look of thanks, but she seemed uneasy as I made my way to the bedroom door.

"Go? Go where?" Nya asked, immediately following me as she looked alarmed.

"Home." I said stepping through the barrier and switched into mer-form and swam bumping into Maya who was accompanied with two other guards.

"You're not going anywhere." Maya said coldly as dummy 1 and 2  grabbed an arm each so I couldn't escape.

"Mother, don't hurt him!" Nya said swimming out of the room to face her mother.

"I can't have him endanger our people by telling his little friends." She said to Nya before looking to the guards."Take him to the dungeon." She commanded.

"Get your slimy, scaly mitts off of me!" I yelled as they dragged me by my arms. I did my best to resist as they dragged me away to who knows what. "Let me go!" I demanded as I tried to pull free from their strong grip.

"Shut up." dummy 1 said as he went to hit me. I pulled back, letting the guard's punch hit dummy 2 square in the face. When it did, he lost his grip on my arm. Opening up my free arm, I hit dummy 1 as hard as I could. I searched them and found a set of keys for each cell. 

"Perfect." I said as I dragged the guards into separate cells while they were knocked out and locked them. 

Now I had a problem. If anyone saw me once Maya had figured out that I'd escaped, she would have me executed. Thinking about what to do, I had the perfect idea. I thought about who I wanted to look like and my necklace glowed. I looked down to find myself wearing the Royal Guard uniform and my tail changed from red to a dark grey. I was going to impersonate one of her personal guards.

Yeah, you're probably thinking I've gone insane by this point, but I had to buy some time for the others to find me. I stashed the keys in a secret pocket in the side my chest plate before swimming away from the prison block. I managed to get as far as the throne room before the queen swam towards me. Crap!