Chapter 20

A few minutes ago after Lloyd and Zane got Kai to the hospital...

Jay's POV:

Me and Cole were trailing Nya and her mother, if anything went wrong with the plan we would be able to jump in and help. I didn't mean to sound rude to Lloyd. Me and my motormouth. I cursed to myself as Nya and Maya entered the amusement park. Thinking back to how I reacted to when I saw Lloyd and Kai kissing, I felt. . . I don't know what. Was I jealous that they were together? Maybe? I don't know. . .

"Jay do you read me?" Lloyd's voice called over the comms, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I read you loud and clear, Lloyd. What's going on?" I asked with one hand to my comm. 

"We got Kai somewhere safe. We're heading to your location." Zane spoke over the comms.

"Roger that. Nothing's happened yet...." I replied as I grabbed the nearest piece of wood. "Touch wood." Cole looked at me like I'd gone crazy. I lowered my hand back to my side. "What? You know what I'm like with jinxes." I exasperated as we kept watch. Something flashed on the queen's wrist, she tapped the silver bracelet and an alert popped up. 

"Looks like the queen anticipated that we'd bust Kai out. She's got a tracker on him." Cole summed up as Maya pointed at Nya as she took a step away from her. "Damn! You spoke too soon, Jay." Cole cursed as we readied our weapons.

"Lloyd, how fast can you get here?" I asked as Cole had already leaped down, making the ground shake as he landed.

"About 3 minutes away. Why?" He asked.

"Things just got out of hand." I answered as I joined Cole. I zapped Maya once I landed next to Nya.

"Did you ninja really think that I wouldn't have a backup plan?" She laughed as some of her soldiers surrounded us.

"We'll find a way to stop you, witch!" I yelled as one of the guards came on the business end of my nunchuck.

"Good luck with that, I've already got a team on the way to collect the fire ninja." She drew her sword and lunged at Cole.

"Cole, look out!" I yelled knocking him out of the way. We tumbled across the ground, saving my best friend from being shish-kebab-ed. We stopped after rolling once or twice, I got a few scrapes from the pavement. I groaned as I looked to Cole who grimaced in pain, looked like he landed on his arm when I pushed him out of the way. "You alright?" I asked as Cole rubbed his arm.

"Yeah. . . Thanks, Jay." He thanked as he stood up and reached for his weapon which lay a few feet away.

"Don't mention it." I replied as we got back into the fight. "Lloyd, you need to get the hospital NOW!" I yelled over the comms, whacking a soldier around the face. "Maya's going to have her men kill Kai!"

"I'm on it! Zane will meet you guys at the park." Lloyd responded quickly.

"Damn you, Mother!" Nya cursed at the queen as she went in for an attack. The soldiers had all been taken down when Zane showed up.

"What did I miss?" Zane asked as he stood next to Cole.

"Nothing that you don't already know." I answered as I leapt forward and kicked the queen's shin. She howled in pain as her leg gave way. Nya switched the spear around so the sharp end was towards her as she smashed the end of her spear into her mother's side. This time, the queen tried to stand up but Zane froze her legs in place.

"You asshole!" Maya cursed as Cole whacked the top of her head.

"You need a nap." Cole answered as the queen went unconscious. We cheered as Nya pulled out the Vengestone cuffs and snapped them around Maya's wrists as well as confiscating her cutlass and enchanted necklace.

"Let's hope that Lloyd managed to get to Kai in time." Nya said as her dragon appeared. "Zane, could you unfreeze her? I'm going to drop her off at Kryptarium prison before she wakes up."

Zane nodded as he granted Nya's request. The ice thawed away within the minute. Nya hauled the queen onto her dragon before hopping on and taking off.

Lloyd's POV:

Once me and Zane got Kai to the hospital, I checked in with Jay and Cole. "Jay do you read me?" I asked placing a hand to my communicator.

"I read you loud and clear, Lloyd. What's going on?" He answered immediately.

Zane placed his hand to his comm and said. "We got Kai somewhere safe. We're heading to your location."

"Roger that. Nothing's happened yet. . .Touch wood." Jay responded probably holding a piece of wood.

"Well at least things are going ok so far. Let's get going." I said as I managed to create my dragon. "Hop on!" I called as Zane jumped on behind me. We flew for about 5 minutes when Jay spoke over the comms.

"Lloyd, how fast can you get here?" He asked urgently.

"About 3 minutes away. Why?" I answered as suspicion crept into my voice. Don't say that things have gone south, please! I silently pleaded.

"Things just got out of hand." He responded hastily.

"Dammit!" I cursed. I looked back at Zane with a solemn look. "Can you get you're elemental dragon up?" I asked.

"I should be able to." He responded as he let go of my shoulders and tried conjuring up his dragon. Soon his dragon was flying along side mine. "There, now what?" He asked.

"I need you to jump. Worst case scenario, you're going to have to the park without me." I informed him as he nodded. 

"Here goes nothing." The nindroid  called as the he made the leap. He managed to make it safely to the other side, grabbing the reigns. "I'm ok!" He called waving his hand.

"Alright, lets hope that the others are doing alright." I hoped as we sped up. We got closer to the park it was just over the horizon.

"Lloyd, you need to get the hospital NOW!" Jay bellowed. We looked at each other with worry. Damn  these jinxes! I cursed silently as Jay finished delivering the message. "Maya's going to have her men kill Kai!"

Dread filled my gut. That's not going to happen! I told myself as I raised my hand to my comm "I'm on it! Zane will meet you guys at the park." I told Jay quickly as Zane nodded. I swerved sharply and raced in the other direction. "Hold on, Kai! I'm on my way." I told myself as the hospital sped into view. I dropped down from my dragon and landed swiftly racing inside.

It looked like it had been ransacked. Chairs and sofas were flipped over, paperwork littered the floor and draws were left open. I ran into the room Kai was in. He was surrounded. I jumped and landed in front of Kai. "That's enough of that." I told the soldiers readying a ball of energy. 

Kai looked relieved to see me. "Boy am I glad that you showed up." Kai told me gratefully as I smiled. I turned back to the soldiers my face going deadly serious.

"If you guys don't co-operate, I'll blast you all back to the ocean you crawled out of!" I threatened. No one messes with my boyfriend and gets away with it! Thankfully, they bought the threat and lowered their weapons. I didn't let my guard down though. With my free hand I pulled out several pairs of hand cuffs. "Put those on." I instructed throwing the cuffs to the floor. The soldiers hastily snapped them around their wrists and stayed silent. "Good." I said as I reached for my phone and called the police and informed them of what happened.