Chapter 23

About half an hour later, I was halfway through episode 2 of "Camp Cretaceous"when there was a knock on my door. I picked up the remote, immediately hitting the 'off' button. I sat up and looked at the door. "Come in." I called as they door slowly opened, revealing my boyfriend.

"Hey, Spitfire." Lloyd smiled at me warmly.

"Hey Viridian, you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. The others are back did you come say hello?" Lloyd asked gently.

I thought about how they reacted earlier, I wasn't sure if I was ready to talk to anyone but the love of my life. "Maybe if they come see me one at a time? I don't know how this will react around a lot of people?" I suggested as I gestured at my hands.

"Alright, Spitfire. I'll send them the message." He said with a tip of an imaginary hat, which made me chuckle, as he shut the door behind him.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, knowing that they're going to be asking a lot of questions. Just be honest with them. They'll understand, hopefully. I silently hoped. A couple of minutes passed and there was another knock at my door. "Who is it?" I called out. I didn't feel like confronting Jay at the moment, if he does knock I'm just going to ask him to leave.

"It's me, Kai." Nya called through the door. "Can I come in?"

"Go on." I sighed as Nya pushed the door open.

"I wanted to make sure you're okay?" She spoke softly as she shut the door and sat on the bed next to me. 

"No, not really. Now their just going to think I'm a monster, because I can't control this damn power!" I hissed as tiny flames appeared, proving my point. "See?" I said as I reach for the bowl.

"I get it, you're afraid you're gonna hurt someone. . ." she told me as my hands went back to normal. "But you need to get over it. That is probably why this is happening." She finished as she took my left hand in hers and covered it with the other!

"What are you doing?! You're gonna get burnt!" I exclaimed as I tried to pull my hand free, panic flooding every part of my mind.

"Kai, look." Nya said as I slowly looked at her hands. They were steaming, like evaporated water. "Our powers are equal yet opposite. You can't burn me. It'll put out your fiery hands before it spreads." She explained as she released my hand. I pulled it away sharply, surprised that Nya's hand wasn't burnt.

"Do you know how Ray managed to teach me to control my powers? Because, as long as I could remember, there was this voice that whenever I used to get worked up it'd say for me to calm down!" I explained as I recalled a false memory that Nya had created.

Many years ago, in the group home...

"Get back here, you porcupine!" 

I raced to my room and slammed the door shut, laughing to myself. I was 9 years old and I loved pulling pranks on people. Especially Morro, who was bashing my door, demanding to be let in. And they say I'm an airhead, you seen this guy? I thought as the door blew off of it's hinges. I jumped out of they way as the door crashed into the other side of the wall.

"You jerk! I'm gonna make you pay for making me look like this!" Morro yelled as he walked over to me. He was older than me by about four years so I'd say he's around 13 years old. I couldn't help but smile at my work. I rubbed green hair-dye on his hairbrush and when he washed his hair after brushing it, his hair looked like he'd been over the rainbow!