Chapter 25

Lloyd's POV:

I watched Kai fly towards the sun on his dragon. Tears threatened to roll down my face. I blinked them back as I turned to face the others. "Why'd you look at him like he was a monster?!" I snapped at them. Nya looked like she was going to burst into tears and everyone else looked ashamed. They should be ashamed! My Spitfire has been through a lot. Jay and Cole looking at Kai like he was a freak. . . I raged as Jay defended himself.

"He hurt you, we didn't know if he was going to hurt us next!" Jay exclaimed as I turned back and looked over the horizon. Where could he have gone? I racked my brain, thinking of every possible place that there was where Kai would go to be alone. 

"He didn't do it deliberately!" Nya shot back, defending Kai. "He came out of his shell and hoped that you guys would understand what was going on!"

"Just stop. . ." I mumbled as they bickered back and forth like pre-schoolers fighting over toys.

"But how were we supposed to know that would happen?" Cole glared at me and Nya a look.

"I SAID STOP!!!" I roared as I spun around to face everyone. "It's everyone's fault! We were not being understanding friends and you guys just looked at him like he was a monster!" I snapped as guilt tugged at my heart. "I'm going to find him. Join me if you want. When we do find Kai, I want you guys to apologise to him." I created my dragon and flew off, leaving everyone back at the monastery. No matter how long it may take, I will find him. I told myself firmly as I started searching.

I started my search at the beach and checked every last nook and cranny, asking anyone I crossed paths with if they saw Kai. They all had the same response: "No, sorry Lloyd." I had to ask everyone even if they say they haven't. I took a break after a few hours staring out into the ocean. He could've gone back under there. I thought as I realised how ridiculous it sounded. If you mentioned going to an aquarium to Kai, he would be paralysed. Kai wouldn't go near water for the life of him. I was a terrible boyfriend, I couldn't even get the others to understand. "I'll camp out tonight and resume my search in the morning." I mumbled to myself as I watched the sunset. 

Seeing the sun set made my think of my Spitfire even more. Kai loved watching the sunset, he told me that when the sun goes down as the world enters a twilight was his favourite part of each day. One time, he invited me to watch the sunset with him. I'd never forget that day because that was when I nearly held hands with him, even if he didn't notice for about a minute.

Night had fallen and  camp was made. I got a fire blazing with a few scrapes of driftwood. I lay on the cold stones of the beach a few feet away from the fire and tried to get some sleep. After several minuets of shuffling, one thing was clear. I couldn't sleep at all. My mind kept thinking about my Spitfire. "It's my fault this happened. . ." I muttered as I cried myself to sleep.

I awoke the next morning before the rising sun. I couldn't help but feel really depressed and alone. I sat upright and thought of anywhere Kai would go to be aloneThere was Hiroshi's Labyrinth; anyone could get lost forever inside that maze. Or he could've sailed away to another island far from Ninjago? Maybe. . .

I sighed feeling more hopeless than ever, until I thought of something. Doctor Julien used to be trapped in that lighthouse. . . Maybe Kai went there. I thought as hope sparked inside of me. It was the most remote place I could think of where Kai could still be on land but was still surrounded by water. It's worth a shot. I thought as I called my dragon and flew in the direction of the lighthouse.