Chapter Seventy-Five

***Nambitha Makhathini***

Im packing my bags against their permission. Im leaving, I hate that they want to dictate things to me. Im an adult now, Ive made my own decisions and its not like Im not sticking to them.

They are forcing me to want to agree to Nkululekos marriage proposal when I dont wan to. I dont want to marry him, all I want to do is work and study, Ive secured my dream job, I got amazing results for my matric, Im set for the rest of my life. Marriage will be a set back, that is the last thing I need right now.

My friend is getting married again in two days, I need to go and be with her, and support her. Mom is delusional if she thinks I will not attend my best friends wedding just because she forbade me. Im an adult, I cant be controlled like a little child anymore.

Jama cant come fetch me, so Im travelling with the prince. I had suggested to take taxis to town and that is where he would pick me up, but he said he would come pick me up personally. I feel bad for him shame, hes just watching the girl he loves being passed between his brothers like he didnt have her first. It really hurts, it even hurts Amile, because I know how much she loved him.

Mom forbade you from going, why are you packing? that was Zimi standing watching me, speaking so loudly that probably the whole house could hear.

Are you trying to sell me out!? I whispered.

She laughed and walked into the room and closed the door.

What? Are you planning on running away?

No, Im not running away, they will see me walk out with my bags, I just hate that mom is always treating me like a child.

Ihhe, is that guys dick really that good for you to be disobeying your precious parents like this? I looked away.

Who said I slept with him? Im embarrassed in fact.

Is it really that obvious? I thought my body was still in shape.

Unuka phu umthondo wena. Your attitude has changed and parents can pick that up very quickly. I rolled my eyes, there is no such thing.

Yeah right. I have slept with Nkululeko, Im still a virgin and we are waiting for marriage. she laughed her ass off as if I was cracking a joke.

Shame sisi wami, you are still going to grow up, and you will see all of this differently. This man of yours is isihlama, it will either end with you being on his long list of baby mamas or married to him fighting his side-chicks, or worse, a second and third wife. Good luck kodwa, ngikufisela inhlanhla. she said sitting on the bed crossing her arms.

Im not in the mood to argue with her so I will shut my mouth and pretend like all the things she just said didnt strike a nerve in my heart.

So your friend is getting married again, into the same family?

Yes. Im now shoving clothes into the bag. My mood just went from a comfortable 50 to a zero.

How does she do it, she must recommend her sangoma, its really working overtime for her. She only dates power, that is another level of luck.

Its not like she wants to. I defended. I dont want to get angrier than I already am, I think she should shut her mouth.

If she didnt want to, she should have ran away or killed herself, thats what all the girls in Swaziland do whenever the king chooses them. She enjoys the money, and I dont judge her shame, I fail to understand why a girl would kill herself over being chosen by the king. That is a blessing from above. shes annoying me.

I think you were better off wherever you were, not here Im cut short by my ringing phone.

Shes the first one to grab it and she looks at the screen in shock.