Chapter Forty-Two

***Mandlenkosi Zulu***

He was recovering from a hangover. He still hasn't moved back into his room now that Amile is gone, it still smells like her and he can still find traces of her all around, it's quite triggering.

He was doing well before making that call to his brother and asking him to join therapy with him, it angered him so much that the only comfort he found was in a bottle of whiskey.

It didn't help that Jama was also going through a thing of his own. His children put him in a debacle with his girlfriend and he also needed the alcoholic therapy after he put them to bed.

He's good with his kids, he doesn't need help, he manages just by himself. He knows Mandlenkosi would never chip in and offer to help, he doesn't like kids. He only greets them, hugs them if they want to and that's that. You will never see him interacting or playing with them.

So they drank together all night, and Mandlenkosi forgot that he fails to handle his alcohol, now he's sitting here with a painting headache and little to no appetite because of the bile stuck in his throat.

"I need to stop drinking alcohol." He mutters to himself as he walks out the room to the kitchen.

Jama and his children are in the kitchen. He's making them food, he actually looks better, like they weren't drinking like fishes yesterday.

"Ayy Zulu." Jama greeted.

"Bafo!"

"Hello uncle Nkosi." The little voice shouts for his attention.

He goes to her and give her a little high five.

"Hello girly. How are you?"

"I'm good."

Banele is just running around the kitchen doing whatever it is that he is doing.

"I wish I had this type of energy at this time."

"You look messed up." Jama pointed out.

He plugged the kettle and leaned against the counter.

"I am."

"Alcohol is not your friend. You must respect it." He laughed.

"Has your girl called you or she's still mad."

"Still mad. But I made it very clear in the beginning that I won't compromise my time with my children. If she can't be around them then that's her problem." Nkosi raised his hands in surrender.

"That's why I don't want them." Jama shook his head in displeasure.

"Hambo gonyuluka, hlampe umqondo uzohluzeka." (Go vomit, maybe your mind will be clearer.)

"Fokof." Azanda quickly covered her mouth in shock.

He laughed and looked at her.

"Sorry girly. That's a bad word, okay." She nodded.

He went to lock himself up in the bathroom and vomited into the toilet bowl after finishing the whole jug of hot water. He needs that runny porridge that Amile made him the other time, it really helped him, but he can't make it the same way she does.

When he felt like it was enough, he left the bathroom and went to throw himself on the bed and reflected on the life he was now living. He was very disappointed that his brother turned down the offer, although he was expecting it, it still hurt.

His phone rang and he scrambled around look for it, when he took a glimpse at the screen, and saw it was his brother calling him, it took a lot for him to answer it. He was still pissed off from his response last night, but he answered anyway.