Chapter Thirty-Nine

***Nambitha Makhathini***

I miss my man. Like I seriously miss him.

Yes I was angry the last time I saw him, but now I've cooled down and I realize that there was no reason for me to be angry at him. What the prince said about him is not true, and what hurts the most is that I believed a drunk man over him.

I'm finally out of high school, it feels like a dream that I never thought would end. I have mixed emotions. My friends as school have planned a pens down party and surprisingly, my parents agreed for me to go.

Nkululeko is in Zululand. He still called me every morning and every night to tell me about his whereabouts and that he loves me, even when I didn't speak. I still haven't said the words back, I need proper courage.

I'm all dolled up, I'm taking an Uber. I want to let loose tonight and if I had the liberty, I would get wasted, but I can't because I need to get back home.

I left the house in jeans, but I have my party dress stashed in my bag. There is no way I'm going partying in jeans. The Uber dropped me off at one of the girls I go to school with.

They asked me to do their make up and no way was I going to turn down money so I agreed, plus, I didn't want to arrive alone.

She's a rich spoilt brat, we've never been close, but tonight, I will enjoy the benefits. Her mom has already given us two bottles of expensive champagne to pop and by the time we left the house, some were tipsy.

We arrived at the venue and before I went inside, I called my boyfriend. I'm sure he's going to be surprised. It feels good to call him that, my boyfriend. Zimkhitha still hates his guts.

"Nana."

"Babe, hi." He chuckled.

"You aren't angry anymore sthandwa?"

"I've realized that there is absolutely no reason for me to be angry at you when you didn't do anything to me."

"Nazoke mama. Umuntu wami ke lo engimaziyo. Ukuphi emsindweni?" and just like that, we are back to normal.

"School mates have organized a pens down party."

"Your parents allowed you to attend that thing?" he sounds appalled.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Ay eyami intombi bakwethu." I laughed.

"It's a once off thing babe. I won't get too drunk, I promise." He protested.

"Never. I'm coming there to fetch you." I laughed thinking he was joking.

"Aren't you in Zululand."

"No, I'm home. Give me 20 minutes and I'll be there." Oh hell no.

"Nkululeko don't make me regret forgiving you and calling you."

"Ngiyeza lapho. Send me the location."

I dropped the call. I'd like to see how he'll get the location, I won't send it to him. Nkululeko is crazier than I thought.

I went inside and it was already lit. People were dancing, the music was banging. I cant even marvel at the beauty of the interior, it's so full in here. I need a drink.

"Hey, Nami!" yes, I have variations to my name.

"How's the party?" he asked standing next to me.

I can't say I know him well. He's a very quiet person. What's his name again, Olwethu I think.