Chapter 78: Kneel

Y/N dropped her arms to her sides as she stood in deep thought beside the window. She didn't know if she was thinking too much into it, but she felt Mina's mood was a little different than usual.

Behind her, Jimin approached with a jacket. After placing the jacket on her shoulder he pulled her into his embrace.

Y/N leaned against his comforting chest as she looked up at him, "Min...can we get Lu Che to check on Mina? I feel like something's wrong."

In reality, Lu Che didn't have a lot of free time, but Jimin simply lowered his head and placed a kiss on her forehead. If his wife had a request, he would definitely satisfy it. So, he immediately pulled out his phone and gave Lu Che a call; setting a special mission for someone that was already off the clock.

.....

Lu Che didn't dare to delay. Even though he had already finished work, he still drove directly over to Mina's home.

Although barging into a woman's home after dark wasn't very proper, in order to reassure Y/N, Lu Che walked up the stairs and rang Mina's doorbell.

Mina wasn't expecting a guest so she quickly wiped her tears and asked who was outside.

Lu Che gave his reason for coming. At this time, Mina felt her heart warm up but she still did not open the door, "You can head back, I'm fine, I've already gone to sleep."

Lu Che nodded and did not continue to intrude. But, Jimin was adamant that he had to see her, so Lu Che stood guard outside Mina's front door all night. It was not until the next morning when she went to leave the house as usual that she discovered Lu Che standing outside; she was shocked.

"It's cold outside, how come you haven't returned home?"

Lu Che rubbed his hands together and smiled, "I slept in the car and only just came up."

Seeing Lu Che's nose had turned red from the cold, Mina quickly let him into the house, "At least warm up a bit."

Lu Che entered her home, his voice was full of doubt, "Didn't you say your grandfather was visiting? Where is he?"

Mina was dumbfounded for a moment before responding calmly, "At the hotel..."

"Are you facing some kind of difficulty?" Lu Che looked around; this was where Y/N used to live. It was big enough to fit an entire family, how could Mina have asked her grandfather to stay in a hotel?

Plus, her eyes were swollen to the size of walnuts. This was obviously the result of crying all night.

"No..."

"Even if you don't say it, I can get the president to investigate it..."

"No need," she tugged on Lu Che and let go quickly as she took a couple steps back, "You don't need to alarm too many people over this matter."

"Then, tell me about it," Lu Che sat down on the living room sofa.

In reality, Long Jie could not be blamed for not being able to keep secrets. According to her personality, even if the sky was to fall down, she would simply scream a few times; there was no way she'd look as gloomy as she did now. So, especially with her fake smile, it was hard not suspect something was wrong.

"I'm...being blackmailed."

"What?" Lu Che gasped.

Mina lowered her head before telling him the entire story. But, from beginning to end she stressed one thing, "Don't tell Y/N, don't affect her decision to go on Happy Together. We can't let Jennie get what she wants, or else, she will think she can satisfy her motives by doing things like this."