Chapter 7: Understanding

Jimin took Y/N to his office to finally talk about the terms of their marriage. He was nervous about what she would think about this and if she will stay with him. He had grew quite fond of her so quickly

"It's a very big place you have here."

"Big?"

"Big."

"It's big" he agrees, and his eyes glow with amusement. Y/N take another sip of wine."Do you play?" she nods her head towards the piano.

"Yes."

"Of course you do. Is there anything you can't do well?"

"Yes... a few things." Jimin takes a sip of his wine. He doesn't take his eyes off Y/N. She feels them following her as she turns and glances around his office. She unconsciously bites her lip starting to feel nervous

"Y/N, stop biting your lip, please. It's very distracting. You don't know what you're doing."

"That's why I'm here."

Jimin frowns. "Yes. Would you excuse me a moment?" He disappears through a wide doorway on the far side of the room. He's gone for a couple of minutes and returns with a document."This is a non-disclosure agreement." He shrugs and has the grace to look a little embarrassed. "My lawyer insists on it." He hands it to Y/N. She's completely bemused. "If you're going to be my wife then you'll need to sign this."

"And if I don't want to sign anything?"

"Then we'll have to end this contract."

"What does this agreement mean?"

"It means you cannot disclose anything about us and that you agree to the terms of this marriage" Y/N stares at him

"Okay. I'll sign." He hands her a pen.

"Aren't you even going to read it?"

"No."

Jimin frowns. "Y/N, you should always read anything you sign" he lectures me.

"Jimin, what you fail to understand is that I wouldn't talk about us to anyone, anyway. So it's immaterial whether I sign an agreement or not. If it means so much to you, or your lawyer... whom you obviously talk to, then fine. I'll sign."

He gazes down at her, and he nods gravely. "Fair point well made, Mrs Park."

She lavishly signs on the dotted line of both copies and hand one back to him. Folding the other, she places it in her purse and takes a large swig of wine. She's sounding so much braver than she actually feels ."Does this mean you're going to make love to me tonight?" /Holy shit. Did I just say that?/

Jimin's mouth drops open slightly, but he recovers quickly. "No, Y/N it doesn't. Firstly, I don't make love. I fuck... hard. Secondly, there's a lot more paperwork to do, and thirdly, you don't yet know what you're in for. You could still run for the hills. Come, I want to show you my playroom."

Her mouth drops open. Fuck hard! Holy shit, that sounds so... hot. But why are we looking at a playroom? "You want to play on your Xbox?" she asks. Jimin laughs, loudly.

"No, Y/N, no Xbox, no Playstation. Come." He stands, holding out his hand. She lets him lead her back out to the corridor. On the right of the double doors, where they came in, another door leads to a staircase. They go up to the second floor and turn right. Taking out a key from his pocket, he unlocks yet another door and takes a deep breath. "You can leave anytime. The car is on stand-by to take you whenever you want to go, it's fine whatever you decide."

"Just open the door Jimin."

He opens the door and stands back to let her in. She gazes at him once more. Desperate to know what's in there. Taking a deep breath she walks in. And it feels like she's time-traveled back to the sixteenth century and the Spanish Inquisition. The first thing she noticed was the smell; leather, wood, polish with a faint citrus scent. It's very pleasant, and the lighting is soft, subtle. In fact, she can't see the source, but it's around the corners in the room, emitting an ambient glow. The walls and ceiling are a deep, dark burgundy, giving a womb-like effect to the spacious room, and the floor is old, old varnishedwood. There is a large wooden cross like an X fastened to the wall facing the door. It's made of high-polished mahogany, and there are restraining cuffs on each corner. Above it is an expansive iron grid suspended from the ceiling, eight-foot square at least, and from it hang all manner of ropes, chains, and glinting shackles. By the door, two long, polished, ornately carved poles, like spindles from a banister but longer, hang like curtain rods acrossthe wall. From them swing a startling assortment of paddles, whips, riding crops, and funny-looking feathery implements. Beside the door stands a substantial mahogany chest of drawers, each drawer slim as if designed to contain specimens in a crusty old museum. She wonders briefly what the drawers actually hold. Does she want to know? In the far corner is an oxblood leather padded bench, and fixed to the wall beside it is a wooden, polished rack that looks like a pool or billiardcue holder, but on closer inspection, it holds canes of varying lengths and widths. There's a six-foot-long table in the opposite corner - polished wood with intricately carved legs - and two matching stools underneath. But what dominates the room is a bed. It's bigger than king-size, an ornately carved four-poster with a flat top. It looks late nineteenth century. Under the canopy, she can see more gleaming chains and cuffs. There is no bedding... just a mattress covered in redleather and red satin cushions piled at one end. At the foot of the bed, set apart a few feet, is a large oxblood chesterfield couch, juststuck in the middle of the room facing the bed. An odd arrangement... to have a couchfacing the bed, and she smiles to herself - she picked on the couch as odd, when really it's the most mundane piece of furniture in the room. She glances up and stare at the ceiling. There are karabiners all over the ceiling at odd intervals. She vaguely wonders what they're for. Weirdly, all the wood, dark walls, moody lighting, and oxblood leather makes the room kind of soft and romantic... she knows it's anything but, this is Jimin's version of soft and romantic.

Y/N turns, and he's regarding her intently as she knew he would be, his expression completely unreadable. She walks further into the room, and he follows. The feathery thing has her intrigued. She touches it hesitantly. It's suede, like a small cat-of-nine-tails but bushier, and there are very small plastic beads on the end.

"It's called a flogger, " Jimin's voice is quiet and soft. A flogger... hmm.

She thinks she's in shock. She can observe and absorb but not articulate her feelings about all this. What is the appropriate response to finding out a potential lover is a complete freaky sadist or masochist? Fear... yes... that seems to be the over-riding feeling. She recognizes it now. But weirdly not of him - she doesn't think he'd hurt her, well, not without her consent at least. So many questions cloud her mind. Why? How? When? How often? Who?

She walks towards the bed and runs her hands down one of the intricately carved posts. The post is very sturdy, the craftsmanship outstanding. "Say something," Jimin commands, his voice deceptively soft.

"Do you do this to people or do they do it to you?" His mouth quirks up, either amused or relieved.

"People?" He blinks a couple of times as he considers his answer. "I do this to women who want me to."

She doesn't understand "If you have willing volunteers, why am I here?"

"Because I want to do this with you, very much."

"Oh"

She wanders to the far corner of the room and pats the waist- high padded bench and runs her fingers over the leather. He likes to /hurt/ women.

"You're a sadist?"

"I'm a Dominant." His eyes are a intense

"What does that mean?" she whispers.

"It means I want you to willingly surrender yourself to me, in all things."

Y/N frowns at him as she tries to assimilate this idea. "Why would I do that?"

"To please me," he whispers as he cocks his head to one side, and I see a ghost of a smile.

Please him! He wants me to please him! Please Park Jimin. And she realises, in that moment, that yes, that's exactly what she wants to do.
"In very simple terms, I want you to want to please me," he says softly. His voice is hypnotic.

"How do I do that?" Okay, she understands the pleasing bit, but she is puzzled by the soft- boudoir Elizabethan-torture setup.

"I have rules, and I want you to comply with them. They are for your benefit and for my pleasure. If you follow these rules to my satisfaction, I shall reward you. If you don't, I shall punish you, and you will learn," he whispers.

Y/N glances at the rack of canes as he says this. "And where does all this fit in?" she asks waving her hand in the general direction of the room.

"It's all part of the incentive package. Both reward and punishment."

"So you'll get your kicks by exerting your will over me."

"It's about gaining your trust and your respect, so you'll let me exert my will over you. I will gain a great deal of pleasure, joy even, in your submission. The more you submit, the greater my joy-it's a very simple equation."

"Okay, and what do I get out of this?"

He shrugs and looks almost apologetic.

"Me," he says simply.

/Oh my./ Jimin rakes his hand through his hair as he gazes at her.

"You're not giving anything away, Y/N" he murmurs, exasperated. "Let's go back to the office where I can concentrate better. It's very distracting having you in here." He holds his hand out, and now she's hesitant to take it.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Y/N."

Y/N knows he speaks the truth so she takes his hand, and he leads her back out the room.