Chapter 58: Leaving

Seoul's entertainment gossip was still centered around Sunmi's incident. With EN's slap to the face and her assistant's revelation, Sunmi could no longer withstand all the public scolding. So, she filmed an apology.

A 16-year-old child appeared in front of the camera in a mess. She bawled her eyes out begging the public for forgiveness. She even paid online commenters to help her wipe her slate clean; it appeared, she really wanted to redeem herself.

Jennie spoke to Jong-In in private. She wanted to know his plans for the aftermath and his thoughts on Y/N.

Jong-In had his laptop in his lap; he looked much tidier than when he first returned to the country. He finally looked like a top manager again.

"I can't let Sunmi off so easily..." Jong-In looked down at his laptop as he spoke "...or else in the future, we might come across 'Big-Y/N', 'Mid-Y/N', 'Y/NY/N', 'Little Y/N'...it will be neverending."

"So what you're saying is, you're planning to be Y/N's manager?" Jennie exclaimed excitedly.

Jong-In lifted his head as he twirled the pen his hand, "As long as she's willing."

"I admit, at the beginning, I did look at her arrogantly. But, I can't deny, she is indeed interesting."

"I trust in your abilities," Jennie nodded. "However, Y/N is like a wild horse, she isn't easy to tame. In a way, she is similar to you. That's why I feel you guys match each other well."

"I will speak to her."

"Oh yeah. The position of Artists Director, when will you take it back?" Jennie asked as she raised an eyebrow. Out of Jisoo, Hyunjin and Jong-In, she felt in the end, she still trusted Jong-In the most. Especially since both Hyunjin and Jisoo had disregarded her to some degree. She was hopeful Jong-In would take back his role.

"I have no interest in that. I just want to focus on being Y/N's manager. Of course, if someone goes against me, I won't go easy on them," Jong-In turned off his laptop with a cold look in his eyes.

"Did you know, today at the weekly meeting, Jisoo suggested I sign Sunmi with us?" Jennie laughed as she shook her head.

"President Kim, it's time to draw your sword."

"The Official Contract Signing Ceremony will take place in 3 days. Quickly resolve the Sunmi incident and confirm a time with Y/N. Of course, if you can't convince Y/N to come back in time, I will use the ceremony to announce your return instead and delay Y/N's ceremony until later."

Jong-In nodded; Jennie had always done things with careful consideration.

Afterwards, Jong-In left her office. On his way out, he ran into Jisoo; their eyes met as she spoke, "Back then, I didn't mean to expose your secret to the media."

Jong-In lifted his head with a cold expression, "Kim Jisoo...I am back and I will not allow anyone to hurt me again. Nor will I let them hurt my artists."

Jisoo's expression changed as she tightened her grip on the artist's information in her hands, "We were once really good friends."

"Shhh...I don't want to hear it, you disgusting person."

After speaking, Jong-In left the building. Jisoo was left standing on her own as she clenched her fist; you just wait and see.

Artist?

Kim Jong-In, with your current resources, how long do you think it would take you to train a newcomer into someone famous? Jisoo sneered inside.

But, she had no idea, her arrogant mask was about to be torn to shreds.