Chapter 70: Pair Of Rings

After leaving HYPE, Y/N did not go directly home. She originally planned on visiting Jimin at JinHit, but upon arriving outside, Lu Che told her over the phone that Jimin was not there.

Y/N stopped her car inside the carpark; she did not leave immediately. Instead, she sat around thinking about the contradiction between her and Jennie; there was a complex look in her eyes.

Not long after, Mina suddenly patted Y/N on the arm and pointed out the window. She followed Mina's gaze and realized Jimin and Lu Che was inside the carpark.

"Didn't Lu Che say Big Boss isn't at JinHit?" Mina anxiously whispered as she looked at Y/N. Because of what previously happened with Jungkook, Mina was afraid Y/N would suffer emotionally; she especially didn't want to see her being lied to again.

Y/N watched as Jimin and Lu Che left, her expression did not change. She simply looked at Mina and felt she was overreacting, "You're thinking too much."

"Aren't you afraid at all?"

Y/N didn't say anything, she just pulled out her phone and selected Jimin's number. After he picked up, she directly asked, "Where are you right now?"

"Are you checking up on me?" hearing Y/N's question, Jimin's lips curved upwards.

"Then are you going to let me check?"

"I was at the agency a moment ago, but now I'm on my way to see a client," Jimin replied gently.

"Lu Che said you weren't at JinHit."

Jimin lifted his head and looked sharply at Lu Che who was currently driving. Afterwards, he responded to Y/N, "That was not my instructions. Are you still at JinHit?"

"Uh huh," Y/N's voice sounded slightly pitiable.

"Then let me turn the car around and pick you up so you can teach Lu Che a lesson."

"OK."

After hanging up the phone, Jimin placed his phone inside his suit pocket and looked at Lu Che fiercely, "Do I need to reevaluate your ability? Lu Che? This will be the last time I say this, don't lie to Y/N. Even if it is something as simple as whether I am around or not. If she hadn't called to ask and decided to keep this doubt inside of her, over time, what do you think would happen with our relationship?"

Lu Che felt a little guilty as he quickly apologized, "Sorry President, I just didn't know what excuse to use to block madam."

"I didn't ask you to make excuses to brush off Y/N. If you didn't say anything then she wouldn't have suspected anything."

"Understood."

Lu Che was indeed impressive when it came to work. But when it came to EQ, he was a little lacking; this was why he still did not have a girlfriend!

Jimin made Lu Che turn the car around and successfully picked up Y/N. He pulled her into his embrace and explained, "I didn't tell Lu Che to say I wasn't around."

"I know," Y/N nodded her head. "Did you think I would believe his words over yours?"

Lu Che looked down guiltily...

Jimin was satisfied as he gently stroked Y/N's hair and replied, "Of course you trust me more, but it's been 20 minutes since you spoke to Lu Che on the phone, why were you still in the carpark. Did something happen?"

Y/N was dumbfounded for a moment; she didn't think Jimin would be so attentive. Afterwards, she explained everything that happened in detail from beginning to end, "I didn't leave because I was thinking about the contradiction between Jennie and I. If this continues there will definitely be a break in our relationship. The incident with Park Jin-young is only the start, not to mention, there is still Hyunjin and Lisa in the mix."