Chapter 35

Christian Pov

I finally got that damn cast off my leg from the crash. What a fucking pain in the ass. Now, I can bathe with my girl, swim with my girl and go running once the weather clears up in spring with my girl and not have to wrap it up every time. She may not be up for running though by then. She'll have a cute baby belly by then. God, I'm never going to stop grinning and imagining my Anastasia with a round little belly protecting my little girl. She protects me just by surrounding me with herself. She is starting to get a bump now at almost four months at the beginning of February. It's so cute.

Work has been busy and we all have been working hard. Anastasia jumped some asses in finance, because of wrong figures she caught them sending her. Boy, her mind is sharp catching stupid mistakes before she submits them to Roz and I. It's been nothing but a win-win situation since hiring her in July. 

July, I can't believe it's been six months and everything we have lived through, gone through and experienced has led me here. A totally happy, fulfilled and changed man with a loving wife, happy family and a baby on the way. If someone would have told me three months before my hurricane kitten landed, I would never have believed them and called them insane. My life has done a 180 degree turnaround. I'm damn glad she didn't hate me the day I scared her in my old playroom, that is now a nursery. My stress just vanishes when she touches me. All I have to do is find her wherever she is and it's gone. 

John Flynn was at the wedding and he said he never saw me so happy. He said that if Anastasia ever wanted a job as a psychologist or psychiatrist, she could easily obtain a master's degree and license. To just give him a call. He said she has done more in four months at that time than he did in all the years trying to help me. I told him it took her less than a week to change me. Flynn laughed so hard. He said she is my miracle, so hold on with both hands and never doubt it. I never have and never will. 

It's Saturday night and I get my weekly Anastasia cooked dinner. She is making me Bacon Pear Parmesan Salad with Parmesan Dressing, Cornish Hens with Wild Rice Mushrooms Stuffing, and an Ultimate Chocolate Cake with four layers, whipped chocolate filling between the layers and chocolate rich ganache and shaved chocolate on top. That cake was by far the best I have ever eaten anywhere in the world. I love Saturday dinners, because she is an expert chef. Gail is outstanding but my Anastasia makes time to make weekend breakfast, lunch and dinner menus just for me. If she takes off on a weekend or wants to go out, now and then, I get to take her out on the town and show her off. Life is good.

Anastasia is taking me finally to her father's home in Montesano. We packed up for a weekend and took Taylor with us. Anastasia asked him to go because he might find it interesting being he is security. She wouldn't give him anything more in detail about it all week, which was funny because it drove Taylor nuts being teased by her. He kept asking if I knew what she meant by interesting? I said I'm just as blind going there as he is. It was like Taylor had an anxious itch in his brain.

We drove down to a rural area and turned off the highway to a narrow paved two lane road that wound around in the woods. We turned into a hidden driveway only made for one vehicle. I was surprised it wasn't snow laden. But Anastasia said that the pavement is made with Conductive Concrete that is controlled at the house. We reached a gate. Anastasia opened her door, jumped out and typed in a code that opened the gates and she hurried and jumped back in.

She said, "Hurry Taylor there are In-Ground Directional Traffic Spikes for the next 200 yards on a pop up timer." He floored it to get past the area. 

She said, "Just pull up to the side of the house Taylor. The perimeter fencing and gate are all electrified with barbed wire above the fourteen foot mark and a six foot cement rat wall. Nobody is getting in my daddy's property conventionally. There are 160 acres of land we own, with 4 acres squared as our compound that's fenced with a self-sustaining pond fed by a spring. Everything has trigger laser technology that all act like hunting cameras and I am notified of any activity that triggers. I see mostly ducks, geese, and various birds. The software updates and the house's interior conditions on my phone app. It is basically a military fortress only accessible by helicopter." We get out of the SUV and grab our bags and food. She walks up to the door and swipes a card and does a retinal scanner. This is syfy shit. Wow. The door clicks and we walk into the perfect hunting lodge with vaulted ceilings, open floor plan, all cedarwood, and flannel.