Chapter 19

Ana Pov 

There was a big retraction on the front page of the newspaper on Tuesday, from Eamon Kavanaugh, himself. Eamon said, "I apologize to Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey for the unverified information provided from an anonymous source that produced the article two days prior. I am very sorry for anything said or insinuated about Anastasia Steele and her character. The accusations are unfounded and completely not true in the article. He stated that Kavanaugh Media will try harder to verify information before printing or putting it on the air, in order to maintain its higher standards in the future."

On the same day, it became publicly reported on the television news channels that Eamon Kavanaugh fired his COO, James Muller, for fraud and embezzlement. I wonder if he's still with his wife? I still believe it was Kate stirring up this shit, she always was a spiteful bitch. Her setting that creeper, Jack Hyde, on me I still don't get. What's his tie to Elena about also? Weird.

 I've been trying to keep up with my work, with more calls to coordinate my department's issues that pop up from time to time. My one handed typing is taking a toll on my right hand and wrist. Andrea Parker has been training my new PA, Elisa Colgate, in all things needed. I am so grateful for Andrea. I called and sent her a large candy sampler from that cute little store I found as a thank you. I sent one to my new PA, as a welcome gift. 

My therapy started on Tuesday and Christian got all possessive because the guy was good looking. I took Christian in his office, sat him down and sat on him. I said, "What's up with the attitude? You think that guy is going to touch me inappropriately or I'm going to sleep with him in the living room? Maybe you think I'm so untrustworthy that I'd cheat on you, because I have such a long track record of doing that?" He started pouting. God I get weak when he does that.

He said, "I don't want him touching you. I trust you, I don't trust him." I shook my head side to side. 

I said softly, "Christian, you're in the next room. He's not gonna try anything, besides I still have one good hand and have skills. Look, he's only going to touch my arm. Stop this, you know I'm your girl, and only your girl. I don't want anyone but you. Leave the door open and then you won't worry. He'll scream if break his thumb off, trust me it will be him hollering." He grinned at that. I kissed his lips and got up and left the office door open and went back to my therapist.

I did a lot of groaning because frankly my elbow and shoulder hurt like hell from lack of use. Christian looked out the door once or twice, but didn't interfere. He watched what was happening. The therapist said he would give me some gentle exercises to help with slight mobility, but not to do it but every other day unless he is going to visit. He said too much might hinder me right now but some mobility only will help in the long run.

It was Thursday morning and the therapist just left. Christian entered the room and had me sit next to him. He turned the TV on and flipped to the news channel.

"This is the Action 5 News team, at the King's County Courthouse in Seattle. We've just been informed that a hearing for the Bondage Madame Elena Lincoln has had her hearing. She has been formally charged with Promoting Prostitution(20 counts), Child Pornography(6 counts), Sex with a Minor(6 counts), Child Abuse(6 counts), Attempted Murder(1 count), Attempted Assault (2 counts), Conspiracy of Attempted Kidnapping(1 count) and Disturbing the Peace(1 count). If convicted on all charges, she could serve 99 to 170 years consecutively in prison, according to Washington State guidelines. This is Caroline Patrovski Action 5 News." He turned off the TV.

I looked at Christian and said, "Holy Crap, that's a long time. Guess she won't be out for the rest of her life."

Christian said, "Serves her right. Do you know that bitch said I was the only one underage, because I was a special case. I was such a fool to believe her."