Chapter 4

She cleared her throat and said, "Wow, ok, I… umm… think you're very attractive and can't figure out what this electrical charge that emits everytime we touch is, especially when we are in close proximity to one another. Honestly, I have very firm doubts about having a relationship with you right off the bat on a new job. What if it goes wrong, how do we undo it and go back to coworkers? I couldn't say no to your dinner offer because I really do want to know you better and hope we can start out slow and easy as friends. I've never been in a dating relationship before. It would be my first, honestly." What does she mean first?

Right at that moment the waiter brings our entrees. When he leaves I start to ask her what she means, when Elena walks up to the table. The last fucking person I want to see.

Elena says, "Christian darling, I thought that was you. Who is your little friend? I didn't think you would take them out in public? You didn't tell me you were contracting again on your own? Haven't I taught you anything?" Elena eyes her like a submissive piece of meat, fresh from the butcher.

I am pissed while grinding my teeth and say, "Be quiet, Elena." I paused, glaring at her and her big mouth. "This is my new CFO executive, Anastasia Steele. This is a friend of my mothers and owner of the Esclava Salon chain, Mrs Elena Lincoln." God I wish she would not have been here and would have just shut the fuck up.

Elena snidely said, "My aren't you awfully young to be in an executive position with not enough time to gain experience for such a large prestigious company? Really, Christian, hiring such an inexperienced little girl in the top of your company, what were you thinking and what will people think?"

I stood up and said deathly quiet, "Elena! What the hell has gotten into you? You are not in a position to tell me who I can and cannot hire in my own company. You're being extremely rude and I want you to leave now!" Elena didn't budge.

Anastasia cleared her throat and wiped her mouth. She said, "Mrs Lincoln, I have worked hard enough and achieved more than enough education and skills to do the job accurately and efficiently to deal with the finances of every company under the GEH umbrella, including yours. You best have your business affairs in order as of next week, if I were you. You have served no point in talking down to me in a snide and condescending way. You may be my elder, but I will never be your stepping stone or door mat to wipe your shoes on. I will cancel my appointment at your little salon tomorrow and take my business elsewhere to the Four Seasons Salon and Spa or elsewhere. I have enough money on my own to afford to pay without your services discount. I have zero tolerance or time for fools, blatant arrogance and ill mannered people." Elena was taken aback by her candor and started sputtering and trying to back track.

She pulled herself together and said, "Christian are you going to let her talk to me this way? I am your friend and I helped you get where you are today. I am your mother's best friend also. Do something!" Good God, I never realized she was such a fucking bitch. She thinks she is better than anyone else including me and is throwing around her influence like I'm a puppet and she holds the strings. WTF is wrong with me why haven't I listened to Flynn about all the times he told me this?

I turned to Elena and quietly said, "You asked for it. Get the fuck out of my restraunt. I'm sick and tired of you throwing that in my face. You've received initially 10 times back your investment and then some for me backing you salons. I don't care what you think or say anymore. I'm giving you two minutes to remove yourself from the premises or I will have you removed while you make a fool of yourself to the tabloids. It's your decision starting now." I looked at my watch.

Elena glared at Christian then me and said, "This isn't over, boy. You can't get away with treating me like this." Then she turned to Anastasia pointing with her blood red pointy nails and said, "You better leave my business alone little girl, or you'll rue the day crossing me." She turned on her heels and left out the door of the restaurant.