Chapter 22

Ana Pov 

After a little while, she was right outside the pantry and tried the door but I held it hard. It did have a lock on it but for a key. It rattled and she moved away. I heard the elevator ding and Sawyer said, "Who are you and what are you doing in here?"

The girl said, "I'm helping Master, he knows I'm here. Where's the evil woman, Anastasia? She's trying to hurt Master. My Mistress told me so. Mistress said she was manipulating him to take his money and name from him. Mistress said he would be so grateful, if I got rid of her then we can be happy together forever." That fucking bitch sent an unstable girl to get killed and to kill me. No fucking regard for any humans life, but her own.

Sawyer said, "She's not here, she left last night."

The girl whined, "But I was watching. How could she leave? She's tricky, tricky, tricky. I need to go so I can come back." She was getting upset.

Sawyer said, "She'll be back…" He looked at his watch. "In about fifteen minutes. You can see her when she arrives. Just put the gun down and stop pointing it at me, ok? Take a seat, it won't be long. I was going to make a sandwich. Do you want one while you wait?" I leaned against the wall still holding the doorknob tightly.

She said, "Ok." I heard Sawyer moving around the kitchen and in the refrigerator. God, I'm gonna have to pee soon.

Within minutes, he said, "Ok, it's ham and cheese. Is that ok? I'll sit it here on the bar." I heard his footsteps moving to the bar. He said, "There you go. What's your name?"

She said with a mouth full, "Lelia."

Sawyer said, "So you said your Mistress sent you here? Who's that?"

She said, "Elena Lincoln is my Mistress. She said Master was in danger."

Sawyer said, "He is? I can protect him. It's my job too."

Lelia said, "I know, but Mistress said she is evil and tricky and even tried to kill Mistress and made it look like the other way around. She is tricky and is stealing from my Master."

Sawyer says, "That's not good. Do you have a plan? If you're gonna protect someone you need a plan."

Lelia said, "I was going to tell Master what Mistress told me. Mistress said he would stop me if I told him before I could help him. So, I figured I'd shoot her to get her out of the way first. Mistress said Master and I could live happily together because I was the sub he loved best. I saw her the other night making him have vanilla sex in his bedroom. He is not getting what he needs like Mistress said that way. She's no good for him." Oh my God, that was her the night we first had sex! I thought I saw something in the dark, a shadow. Eww… she watched like a pervert voyeur.

Sawyer said, "How did you get in and see that? It's hard to get in here."

Lelia said proudly, "I have the code, Gail showed me once when I helped her bring up groceries."

Sawyer said, "The service elevator?" The elevator dinged.

Next thing I hear is Christian saying, "Lelia! What the hell are you doing here?!" I heard the barstool move. He said, "Kneel!"  Then he said, "Give me the gun! Now!" There was a pause that felt like forever, as I held my breath. "Good girl."

I crept out of the pantry with my butcher's knife and peeked around the kitchen pantry corner. Nobody, so I crept to the end of the counter. I put my knife down on the floor. I sat on the floor peeking around the corner. Lelia was on her knees in a submissive pose. Christian was petting her head. Taylor handed Christian cable ties. Christian whispered into his ear and leaned down and tied her hands together. He said, "Lelia, I'm taking you to wait for my friend in my office. Come!" She got up and followed him with Sawyer into the office. I started to cry from anxiety about the situation. I leaned back against the counter in relief.