Chapter 8

Christian Pov

When I got back to work, Taylor and I went into the security office and watched as Anastasia defended herself with maturity and class. I couldn't believe the bitch tried to hit her a second time after she let her up. Taylor and I both chuckled when Anastasia started walking towards her and watching Elena run to her car. If my mother gives me any shit, I'll show this to her. I think I will show it to my father, for sure. Taylor made a copy for his records. I know he's going to show it to Gail. She can't stand her. I wish I hadn't tortured my staff with her for so long.

When I was sitting in my office my cell phone rang and it was Elena. I answered to see what lies she wants to tell this time.

I said, "Grey."

She said, "Is that anyway to answer the phone? You were taught better manners. I was injured today by your employee."

"Oh, really?"

She snidely said, "Yes, really. She attacked me and hit me out on the street."

"Where?"

She said, "At The Four Seasons."

"What were you doing there? Didn't Anastasia say that she was canceling your appointment, for an appointment there? Why would you go there, Elena."

She starts stuttering, "I... I...went there... for lunch."

"I think you went up there to attack Anastasia and found out you can't bully her. Do you know I got the video of it from The Four Seasons security and saw everything you tried to do twice. Anastasia has every right with this evidence to press charges on you for intent to do bodily harm and attempted murder."

She started pleading and said, "Christian, she will be the ruin of you. Don't let her manipulate you into thinking you can handle a vanilla relationship. You can't love and you can't stand to be loved. We don't work like that. You can't be touched and you have needs that are different than she could ever understand. Only I know what you need and only I can make sure you get what you need."

"That's where you're wrong. Everything you just said is total bullshit. You have spewed lies on me ever since I was fifteen. You are the one who can't love or be loved. I am and will never be like you in any aspect. You are a manipulative liar."

She kept pleading and said, "Can't you see that she is after your money and name? It's so painfully obvious."

I was sick of her shit and said firmly, "The only one after my money and my name has always been you. You use my mother for her name socially and to boost your business and to gain inside information on me. You run around town using my name to eat anywhere you like and charging it to my bill no less. You tell people whatever, like I'm your friend, to make yourself feel like a big shot. You have been digging in my pockets for years making me feel like I had to back your salons and pay for your meals. I gave you a million dollars back, from your $100,000 investment. I don't owe you shit anymore. No Elena, you are the biggest gold digging whore of them all. But that ends today. I've pulled your backing. I will no longer listen to a hypocrite and a liar. You didn't save me like you love to think to yourself and tried to brainwash me with that load of crap. You stopped my adolescence from developing. You bullied and manipulated a naive child, while beating the shit out of him to get off. Does that make you proud of yourself to be a pedophile child abuser?" A lot of that came from Flynn's sessions explaining her to me.

She said, "I can't believe you're talking to me like this after all I have done for you. I saved your life, you ungrateful little bastard."

"The only thing you said today that was the truth was that I'm a bastard." I laugh.