Chapter 31

Ana Pov 

Christian's mom finally relented and let Christian come home with me five days later. She was just over protective from the crash and my attack on top of it all. It freaked her out a bit. We work from his mom's being both our laptops survived the crash, surprisingly from well padded cases. 

We went home to Escala and it was like nothing ever happened. The clean up crew and Gail made it all like it was before. I was glad. She had even rinsed out my clothes in the utility sink and had them dry cleaned and back in my side of the closet. Gail was so excited to have us back home finally. I bet she was bored not having us to cook for. I love Gail so much. We relaxed. I'm so glad Christian has learned to relax now. He was so tense when I first met him. During the whole warehouse incident and the crash, he was calm and it seemed because I was there. 

He said to me one day while at his mom's, "You were brilliant and amazing in critical situations. I was glad you were able to help us through it. I wish it never happened, but I had faith that you knew what to do. I felt safe as long as you were near me. I was scared when you left to help Ryan. I didn't like being alone for very long. That's why I was hollering for you. I was starting to think of all the bad things that could go wrong. When you hollered back, I was relieved and amazed you had Ryan alive with you." 

I told him that Jack Hyde told me he sabotaged the helicopter. I was glad I was with him to help him and Ryan to survive. I told him Ryan was stuck in his seatbelt harness sideways and couldn't unbuckle it with all that fuel next to him slowly leaking, because of his hand and arm being broken so badly.

Ryan said in the hospital in Longview, Washington, that he would never have survived without me and he wanted me to know how grateful he was that I was there to save his life and get him to safety. I was humbled by his appreciation. I patted his cheek and said that I'd do it again if I had too. He smiled. 

Baker was the same way. He was glad I was there when he needed me most. What bothered me was that I went into the penthouse with Jack Hyde and that woman, Elizabeth Morgan, head of SIP's HR department I found out later, was lying in wait. It was just to think while I was bathing, packing and fighting, poor Baker was bleeding the whole time needing help. I'm glad he was strong and I got to him and got help in time.

Kate Kavanaugh will have her trial with another charge for sending Jack Hyde up to rape and kidnap me. They got the verbal confession on video from the library CCTV. She will get Accessory to Rape and Kidnapping on her head with the same ones from Jose with his testimony. I guess he blames egging him on, but in the end it was his fault for making the choice to ruin his whole life and trying to take my life too. 

The peculiar thing about Jack Hyde was when the cops went into his home. They found on his home computer and papers with files on every person in the Grey family. He had been stalking Christian for quite some time and his family too. Welch and Barney found out that he was in the same foster care home when Christian was four. 

His parents filled in the rest. They said a creepy older boy named Jackie used to always be trying to move in on the time they would visit Christian there. He would say he was a much better boy and they should take him home with them instead of Christian. He would always sit next to Grace a bit too close on the couch. Grace said she was very uncomfortable when the boy came around. The kid didn't know they had picked Christian in the ER long before the foster home. He was staying there for three months while the paperwork went through for the finalized adoption. I assume that's the crux of the issues Jack Hyde had. He had an unhealthy obsession with the Grey's and thought that he should have had Christian's life. Jealousy and hate bloomed from Christian's successes in business. Fucking nut job.