Chapter 15

Christian Pov 

I couldn't sleep at all. I called Ros earlier and told her what was happening with Anastasia. She said she would handle the big stuff for now and reschedule the flight for Tuesday morning indefinitely for now. I had been looking forward to so many things with her. I was going to miss taking her soaring Saturday morning, going on this trip to New York and visiting her father's house. I will be following up on her audit Wednesday too. She was put through so much all week to get it completed later than requested. That Jenkins bastard she got rid of, actually called and whined to me. He said she unjustly fired him after working here seven years. I let him have it, for his laziness and lack of common sense not listening to his direct boss. I told him that what he did, belittling her priority request, was far worse than what anyone else has done. I said that he knew the two Directors lost their jobs last Monday for simple blatant disregard of a mandatory meeting. I told him to enjoy unemployment and asked if it was all worth it when I slammed the phone down.

I get up and sit at my piano and start playing. I keep thinking about all the things Taylor said she did to save me from Elena. She heard those threats to ruin me and she used all her knowledge and skills to make sure I'm safe. She's like my own little guardian angel. I love her so much. 

I got the SPD to allow me, with my guardianship over Anastasia, to empty her possessions from the trunk of her car along with taking possession of her purse. Taylor put the two zipped bags into the security office safe under lock and key. Taylor said they would still be holding Anastasia's gun. 

I didn't know she had a Concealed Carry Weapons Permit. Taylor said it was listed at the bottom of her background check as CCW under permits. It was the smallest gun I ever saw. Taylor called it a 2002 Pearl handle Colt Jr./Astra Cub with .22 Short or .25 ACP caliber. There was fancy scrollwork on the silver body and barrel of the tiny gun. He said she also has a Marine M18 Sig Sauer handgun registered to her. He figured it was probably her father's service pistol. I hate guns but I'm fucking glad she shot that the son of a bitch, Jose. Too bad she didn't aim for his head. 

The only thing that has me extremely pissed off, is that I believed Jose shot Anastasia. It would seem a fucking rookie cop did. He damn near took her life. I started breaking shit when Taylor broke the news. 

Taylor said when the struggle started after the window on Anastasia's car was shattered, Jose broke her already bone bruised arm grabbing her through the window. She screamed in pain, raised her gun and fired. She shot Jose in the stomach at the exact same moment the rookie cop fired at Jose. Anastasia's shot propelled Jose backwards and the cop's bullet passed into her lung exiting into the driver's seat. The SPD has the entire shooting incident under full investigation, as well as the accidental release of Jose. They are keeping her car in the meantime until after they finish the investigation. The police mishandled this whole fucking mess! Paperwork snafu my ass! How many rookies are there in critical positions at the SPD putting Anastasia's life in danger??

The only good thing is Taylor is going to scan my playroom and the entire penthouse in the morning with Anastasia's military bug detector. I wonder how many bugs were planted by Elena using my subs. I'll see the pictures or videos of which subs were involved and broke their NDA's as well.

I get up from the piano and go back to bed and lay down hoping for a little shut eye, even a couple hours would do.

—-------------

Saturday morning comes and I'm ready to head back to the hospital at 8:30am. I called and they said, at 2:23am Anastasia had a bad night waking with severe pain. The nurses got her up once to go to the toilet, with great assistance and gave her a sip of water. They said she had slept waking once more for a pain shot at 6:35am. The doctors wanted to move her to a regular room at 8am, but I told them to put her in a private room.