Chapter 51: Start of the End

Chapter 51: Start of the end

Viel's P.O.V

          Nagising ako sa sinag ng araw na tumatama sa mukha ko. Pagkadilat ng mata ko, agad ko syang hinanap sa tabi ko.

          But then, it's empty. The space in my bed is empty. The space I assigned for her is empty.

          I sigh then get up of the bed. I got straight in my room's veranda.

          Then I saw her.

          I smiled then I slowly walk towards her without startling her.

          I put my arms around her and place my chin in her shoulder. I placed my nose on her hair. She smells divine. Very her. Pure and innocent.

          I tighten my grip on her when she tried to removed my hands. I hear her sigh as a surrender. I smiled to myself and stare at the wide open field she's staring.

          "What are you doing here this early in the morning?" I asked.

          "I just want to breath some fresh air."

          I stayed silent and still beside her.

          I want to treasure this moment...every single moment with Hanna.

          After that incident in New York, we fly back to the Philippines after our medication. We were so glad that we're both safe. And I am more than thankful that Hanna survived that car accident. I thought she'd be gone again to me that time.

          "We should be thankful to him..." she said then she slowly turned to face me. "We should be thankful to Llyod. He saves us."

          Hindi ako nakapagsalita agad kay Hanna.

          Yes, we are in debt with that bastard. Pero nagkataon lang naman ang lahat di ba? Nagkataon lang na malapit lang sya sa pinangyarihan ng aksidente kaya nya kami natulungan. Pero kung nagkataon na wala sya doon, ewan ko lang kung tutulungan nya kami.

          "Viel..." mahinang tawag sa akin ni Hanna saka nya idinampi sa pisngi ko yung isang kamay nya. "Learn to forgive and forget. In that way, parehas kayong magmomoved on."

          I forgot to mentioned, Hanna already knew about Bettina. But not all the details. I just tell her what other think they knew. That Bettina, Llyod and I were closest friends. That before Bettina was gone, Llyod was my best friend.

          Iyon lang ang sinabi ko sa kanya. No more,no less. I don't want Hanna to get involve in my past. I want to pushed her away to that part of my life. I don't want Hanna to know the other side of me. She might walk away if she got the chance to know about that.

          "Viel..."

          I released a heavy sigh at saka kinuha yung kamay nya at itinapat iyon sa bibig ko at hinalikan.

          "Is that want you want? That I should reconcile to Llyod?"

          She nods her head.

          Again, I sigh.

          "If that's what makes you happy, fine then. I'll try to talk to him someday."