Chapter 1

So far, this week has been unbelievable!

If anyone told me that I'd go somewhere they wouldn't expect to find me, I probably would've said they're crazy, but it's the truth.

If you want to know about it read on, but be warned. This story is not for NON believers. If you are a non believer, and you're reading this, you're going to end up questioning everything about this, turning your world upside-down.

Now, if everyone's ready, I need to take you back to where it all started. . .

Hang on a second, I've just remembered, I never told you my name! Let's see if you can guess and no looking ahead unless you give up or to check if your guess is right. . .

 Need a clue? Okay, hmm what would be a good clue. . .? I got it! I can be very stubborn at times. . .

 Need another hint? Okay, this hint should definitely give away who I am, if you haven't already guessed. I use a lot of hair gel. . .

My name is Kai, now that that has been settled, we can continue with the story.

It all started on Monday, at about 2:30 in the afternoon, about halfway through training with the others. We were taking it in turns sparring each other, I was next after Jay and Lloyd's turn. I joked around with Zane as I bet 50 bucks that Lloyd would win.

I thought it was a good fight. 

Jay came forward with attacks that were quicker than lightning, that were swiftly blocked by Lloyd. Jay came forward with a kick - unfortunately for him - Lloyd dodged to the side, leaving Jay with all that extra momentum that sent him stumbling. By the time Jay turned around, he found himself on the end of Lloyd's surprise kick, sending Jay nearly halfway across the training grounds.

The match was over. 

We made sure Jay was alright first before continuing. "Ugh. . ." Jay groaned as he sat up before laughing it off. "That was some kick, Lloyd. But I'm going to win next time."

Lloyd smiled at the thought. "We'll see." He said with a confident look as he extended his hand to help Jay up. They both sat with everyone else, looking absolutely drained of energy. I looked to Lloyd, who was panting for breath as he looked my way. His cheeks went pink slightly before almost immediately looking away.

That was weird? I wondered as brought myself back to the here and now. I grinned. My turn. I stood up and took my place in the centre with my sparring partner. "Ready, Cole?" I asked.

Cole nodded "Don't think I'm going easy on you this time." He clarified.

I smirked, sure I was going to win. "Fine by me."

Zane stood adjacent to both of us to serve as referee. "I want a fair match, you two. No elemental powers are to be used during the fight. Everyone ready?" Zane asked. 

Me and Cole both nodded. "Ninja - go!" Zane yelled as I came racing forward with a barrage of attacks, which Cole blocked just as quick. The he came running towards me with his variety of attacks, looking for openings. Unfortunately for him, I didn't give him any. But as soon as I was about to throw my punch, I heard something. "Kai..."  it whispered in the slow wind. I looked to my right, to see if anyone was there. Nothing, but losing focus was a rookie mistake. When I lost focus on the fight, his attack hit me so hard that I was blown back into the wall - with the extra momentum bouncing me slightly - before dropping and landing on my stomach.

"Oh crap! Kai!" Cole called as he came to my side. 

"You alright?" Jay asked.

I groaned in absolute agony. I had a splitting headache. I managed to get on my knees without my arms buckling under my upper body-weight. I tired to shake most of the dizziness away before answering. "Yep," I grimaced from the pain aching every part of me. "I'm good." I mumbled. My mind was filled with questions, that I probably couldn't say anything that would make sense. I needed to think. Alone. "I need to get a drink. I'll be right back." I said, using the wall to help me get up before walking inside. 

I yanked the fridge door open and grabbed the first bottle of water I saw. I cracked open the top and took a long drink. Much better, I thought. I shook my head furiously " How the heck could I've let my guard down!? And what is the deal with that voice?" I ranted. Not only was I curious about the voice, I was furious with myself for losing focus. I had never lost a match against Cole! I tried to calm myself down before I ended up breaking something. . . Nope. 

Then everyone walked through the door, talking about training and getting drinks. It was over already!? Dammit! How'd I lose track of time?! I silently scolded myself as I sighed.

"Hey." 

I turned around to find Cole walking towards me looking really worried. "I am really, really, sorry." 

I smiled "Don't worry about it. I'm fine, see?" 

Cole smiled back. "So, what happened out there?" He questioned. "Usually you make it a lot harder to beat you."

I shook my head, "It was just a slip-up. I let my guard down, so what? Doesn't everyone at some point?"

 I tried not to make a big deal about it but Cole could clearly tell it was bothering me. I couldn't tell him about what happened. If I told him about that voice I heard, he would probably think I've lost my mind. In fact, they'd all probably react like that. 

"Ok," Cole said hesitantly "If you're up for a game night tonight, you know where to find me."

Oh man, that was tempting, but before I could agree the dizziness started creeping back. "I think I'm gonna rest for a while," I said through a false yawn. "Maybe next time, bye, Cole." 

"Bye, Kai" He said as I walked to my room.

I made it to my room and shut the door before the dizziness became overwhelming. Leaning my back against the door, I tried to shut out the dizzy feeling. It didn't help that my brain obviously thought it was on the spinning teacups. "Kai?"

There it was again! Instantly snapping me out of my thoughts. Was it one of the others or was it that thing I heard earlier? I opened my door slightly to see if anyone was outside. No one there. That was weird, I thought to myself as I shut my door again. "Why am I the only one hearing this voice?" I sighed. "There's no point worrying about it. It's probably nothing." I tried to not worry about it, my mind, on the other hand, thought otherwise. "I probably need some sleep." I told myself as I pulled on some pyjamas and crawled into my bed. I lied back, letting my head sink into my pillow and within the the minute I was asleep. 

Then I had my worst nightmare yet. . .

Into the Depths... AU Ninjago FanFictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें