Part 25

Two months passed by soon and I had been too busy to even pay attention to my husband who has been craving that a lot. But thanks to Xavier for being so supportive that he never complaint just tried to get my attention now and then. 

After the event was successful, Xavier had kept a grand success party for his staff, clients, friends and family. I had asked Kate's help to get ready and I was going to go to party with her. Blake was also here for the event and stopped for the grand party. 

I wore a navy blue backless dress and I am so damn sure again like event today Xavier will have hard time keeping hands to himself. We entered the place rented by Xavier for the party, loud music, people dressed to impress, liquor and food. 

I saw Xavier talking to someone, Blake was with him, when he saw me he excused himself and came to greet me.

He said to us "Oh my God you both are looking so hot tonight. I will have to keep men away from you two." 

He hugged us both and we thanked him. I told Kate "Let's grab a drink, I need one right now."

She asked me "Will Xavier allow you to drink?" I nodded and told her "He never says no to me, he let me do whatever I want." 

While sipping our drink Kate and I kept talking, she asked me "I forgot to ask you, what did he say about your event's dress? Was he pissed and possessive like other men I have seen?"

I shook my head and told her "He was possessive and gave death glare to men who stared but never said anything about not wearing something like that again in public. At home he was also told me that I looked more of a model then anyone in the event and I should dress more like that. I was shocked too and asked him about how others would have been seeing their girl in a dress like this but he said if I am comfortable so who is he to say no. He even selected this dress when we went shopping last week."

She smiled and told me "I am so jealous of you. I wish I find a guy just like Xavier but there aren't any. The last guy I dated was so freaking possessive he used to hate even when I wore knee length dress, saying I was showing too much of skin."

Before we could say anything Sussi came there and commented on me "Aren't you hanging out with boss sister to get close to the boss? There in the event by wearing that backless front cut dress were you trying to seduce him?" 

I showed her my ring and told her "I am happily married and happy with my man. I don't need to go and seduce anyone. Next time Sussi say something like that about me and see what will I do." I got up, dragged Kate away with me.

Kate met a few friends and went to talk to them. I was just standing by the pool talking to one of my team mate sipping wine, when I felt someone push me and I felt with a splash in the water. Before I knew what was happening, I felt like drowning. I did not knew how to swim. 

I closed my eyes, not knowing what to do. But within seconds I felt a hand on my waist and being dragged away. I heard someone say to me "Don't worry Brooke I have got you." 

I leaned towards the person more for support and hugged Blake tight. He carried me up and made me sit on a chair by the pool. Kate rushed with a towel and I heard Xavier shout "What the hell is going on here? Brooke what happened?" 

Blake was still hugging me, I did not let him go as I was too cold. Kate told Xavier "I was talking to my friends and she was talking to one of her colleague and next thing we see her in the pool. Blake was close by luckily and jumped in and saved her. Can I have your suit please? She is cold and will need it." 

Xavier still looking at me worried, removed his suit and passed it to me. He asked me "Are you okay? What happened?" 

I wore his jacket and told him "I am okay but I am sure someone pushed me." He looked so angry, I have never seen him so pissed ever.

I just told Blake and Kate "Can we please go back home? Blake you can come with me to my place and change into my husband's clothes as I just stay a block away from here."

Xavier told everyone "You all can enjoy now, I will look into the matter and the person if any responsible will be punished. I don't tolerate such things in my office. Blake and Kate please take care of her."

They nodded and we left. As soon as I sat in car I got a message.

X: I am coming home in 15 minutes. You sure you are okay? You can't swim, if Blake would not have been there what would have happened.

I replied back "Don't worry and think about it. I am okay now and that's all that matter. I love you come back soon, I am too cold and will need my cuddle bear hubby."

I kept my phone back in my clutch and told Blake "I did not tell Xavier but it was Sussi who pushed me. I saw her smirking and waving while I was falling." 

Blake told me "It's okay after he calm's down then tell him." I nodded and saw my phone ping again. 

X: Wife it's only you that worry me so much. I can't imagine losing you ever. Be there in few minutes. Saw a clip of Sussi pushing you, she is getting fired tomorrow morning. Love you more than you can imagine. Wished it was me who saved you and was able to hug you when you needed to be warmed. Should I bring hot chocolate on the way for you?" 

B: No! I want the one which you make. Am I being mean by making you work at home too? 

X: No anything for you baby. Have you reached?

B: Just entering the gate. See you soon.

I kept my phone back and went in followed by Kate and Blake. I gave Blake Xavier's clothes to change into and Kate and I changed in my room. Kate helped me first, after changing I laid in my bed inside the blankets as it was too cold. Kate was back after few minutes in my clothes.

I thanked her "Thanks for being here always Kate, I don't know what I would have done without you."

She smiled and told me "That's not a problem, I am happy to have you. Day after you are leaving and I am going to miss you so much." 

I asked her "Why don't you come with us? Your parents are leaving for Miami soon and you will be alone here. There you will have Xavier and me. You can always work with us. We are planning to expand our business in LA to designing of clothes too and we need someone we can rely on."

I heard someone say "She is right Kate! I really want you to stay close to us. I promise there you will have your own privacy as you have always wanted. I will never interfere in your life until you want me." 

Xavier came and sat down on a couch followed by Blake. Kate looked at him and told him "I know that Xavier, I am planning to come just need few days to wrap it all up here. I was planning to move the day mom and dad move. Dad wants to spend time with us and he wants to stay in LA with us all for a month or two before they go to Miami but he is too afraid to ask you."

Xavier looked confused and asked "Why afraid of me?" Kate and I rolled our eyes and Blake just chuckled.

Xavier asked "What did I do?" I told him "Baby you never talk directly and your walls are always up around people. Due to all this family thing, you have built that wall infront of your father. I think rather than going to office tomorrow stay with your dad whole day. Break that wall! Kate and I will stay home and Blake will manage the last day paper work. Just meet your father."

Everyone agreed with me and Xavier told me "But why? After we leave tomorrow I am sure you will go back to your uncle's house and I can't spend time with you like we did here." There reality struck me too.