25.

25. Don't hold on so tight

Freya

I walked in to the studio, it was monday morning and today I wouldn't have any photoshoots, only editing and answering to emails.
There was someone at the kitchen. His back was faced to me, and he was pouring coffee for himself. I was quite confused. I placed my stuff on top of the big table.
"Uhm.. hi?" I carefully said.
That man turned around, he had dark brown hair that was a bit curly, his clothes were civilized. But I knew him. I couldn't be more sure. That smile he had on his face is something I can't forget.
"Freya, it's been a long time." He said with British accent. I started smiling as I walked towards him.
"Gilbert!" I hugged him, and he hugged me back chuckling.
Gilbert and I used to study photographing at the same class, he moved from England and lived here for almost three years. After when we graduated, he moved to Iceland. After that we haven't met, and we used to be always together at school, I also told him a lot about Finnish culture and showed him the local museums and cafes. He's very polite and friendly, he's from quite rich family and if I remember right, he has two older brothers and one little sister.
He would never harm anyone, and he loves art and of course photographing.

When we pulled apart, we both looked each other up and down as we holded each others arms.
"You have changed. I mean in a good way." I chuckled nervously. He kept smiling, and he still has completely white teeth.
"I'm a man now. And you have only gotten more beautiful." The way he talks is so calm and also charming. I chuckled.

"Tuomas let you in then?" I pointed the office door. He looked at it quickly and nodded.
"He seemed to be okay." He said as we let go of each other. I poured some coffee for myself too. I then showed him to sit around the big table, and he followed me.
"Since when you have liked coffee?" I frowned to him amused. He laughed as we sat down across from each other.
"My ex girlfriend taught me. Nowadays I'm quite obsessed to it." He took a long sip of his coffee.

"Ex? What happened?" I asked a bit worried.
He shook his head and placed his other hand on top of mine.
"Nothing dramatic. Our love was passionate, but it wasn't enough. After all we were so different. Jólín wanted to settle down and start a family. I want to see the world, and I don't want anyone to be dependent about me. I lived in Iceland with her for three years, after that I moved back to London." He explained and I listened him carefully. He hasn't changed at all. Then we just sat in silence for a moment, just staring at each others. His dark brown eyes are still so friendly and innocent.
"What about you? How life's been?" He asked and let go of my hand. I then stared at it as I let out short and nervous chuckle.
"It's been a rollercoaster. After I graduated I came here to work. And what has happened at the same time.. god you would have to listen for hours." I shook my head as I chuckled. I felt his eyes on me as he smiled, but I looked at my coffee mug. I wrapped my hands around it.
"I have time. I'm here for few days." He then said and I lifted my head up quickly. I opened my mouth suprised, and then I started to smile.

"Great! I would like to tell everything now but.. I have work." I said disappointed. But Gilbert still smiled. Like he was waiting for something.
Tuomas then came out of his office, I moved my eyes on him.
"Oh, yeah and Freya.. Enjoy your free day." He said staring at his phone. Then he walked back to his office and closed the door behind him. My mouth dropped open as I stared at the door, but then I moved my gaze to Gilbert. His smile was slowly growing bigger. But now it was kinda a smirk.
"You're a wizard!" I shout whispered to him. He chuckled and stood up then.
"Ready for walking around the city and exploding places we used to hang out before?" He asked politely. I chuckled as I stood up amazed.
"Absolutely."