21.

21. Speeches

Freya

Niko seemed to be nervous about the speech. It kinda suprised me, he's always so natural on stage and has given many interviews in different conditions. But this is different, you don't get to have a speech in your sister's weddings many times.
Niko stood up, and cleared his throat the last time.
"Dear guests, I think it's my time to say couple of words." He started, and everyone sat on their own places and got silent.
Niko turned to look at Eevi and Olli.
"My cat Rommi destroyed the paper where my emotional and amazing speech was. But I guess that it was only for good. That cat really wanted me to speak right here and now, whatever comes to my mind. Eevi, my little sister. My beautiful, favorite and best sister on earth. Without you I wouldn't be me. I would be a whole different person. Remember how we used to play in our backyard when we were kids? I always wanted to play a cat, and you wanted to be a bird. You wanted to know how to fly. Since you were a little kid, maybe six, you had deep thoughts and you were wise. And you still are. You always asked me the deep questions in life, which I didn't know the answer. I was only seven, I was just as curious as you. And we used to think the answers together. You wanted to know the reason why humans can't fly. But let me tell you something.. you can fly. Look at how far you have come, how your dreams have come true. You have swimmed in deep waters, so deep that I was scared that I would loose you. I cried myself to sleep, wishing that you would stay here as long as I do. Because I can't live without you. I was in those same deep waters, and I thought that I will not survive. But then you were there, holding me and telling me how much you love me. You have always been there for me, and I hope it won't change. You and Olli. You two are free spirits, like wild horses. As much as you both love to party, live in a moment and do spontaneous decisions, you both keep each other in balance. You both are sensitive, musical and calm. And when you two are together, everyone can see how much you love and care about each other. It's.. something so special and beautiful. When two souls are made to each other. And it makes me so happy and emotional that you two are now married. My little sister and my best friend. You both are so important to me. And Olli, thank you for being here for me many, many years. You are so clever, funny and the best recover man, especially thanks to your yoga advices. May you both be happy, live your dreams and.. meditate together. Thank you."
Niko ended his speech and we all cheered and clapped to him. He made us all tear up a bit and also laugh, he's such an amazing man. He went to hug Eevi and Olli then. After that they talked for a while, and by the mean time we continued our interesting conversations. I've totally forgotten to take pictures, but it didn't feel like a responsibility right now.

"I'm sooo waiting for the drinking and partying." Joel groaned as he took more relaxed position in his chair.
"Amen. But we need to hear a bit more speeches and stuff. Hours are passing by..." Aleksi stared at the wristwatch he had in his right hand. I just shook my head amused.
"Hey, I'm the next one. So shut up, I'm trying to focus." Tommi closed his eyes for a second as he leaned against the back of his chair and crossed his arms on his chest.
"Yes, shh.. don't get the bear mad." Joonas shout whispered to us all, and we tried not to giggle. Tommi didn't care, he just calmly sat there, like he was meditating.

And after five minutes, Tommi just suddenly stood up, and when Niko saw that, he scampered back to our table. Just in time he sat down when Tommi cleared his throat, and with his small actions he made everyone go silent and focus on him. Eevi and Olli were holding their hands, Eevi looked excited, but also nervous.
"I'm an observer. Mostly I silently look situations, and say something witty. I drink beer, and I know things." Tommi started, and immediately he made everyone chuckle. He was smiling a bit while holding that champagne glass.
"But what comes to these two who are sitting there.. they both are my soulmates. You guys are nice too." First he pointed Eevi and Olli, then his bandmates on the table around me. Everyone chuckled again.