22.

22. I've ruined everything

Freya

"Dear guests, now it's finally time for a wedding waltz." Suddenly a man's voice said to a microphone. All the guests were here and there, talking to each other and having fun. Apparently the band has arrived, Shiraz Lane, which I have also photographed a few times in different festivals. Everyone started to cheer when Eevi and Olli walked to the dance floor. I stood next to Joel and Joonas, they had drinks on their hands while I was holding my camera.
Olli and Eevi took the right position, and Eevi looked at me quickly, she was so excited. I couldn't stop smiling in this moment.
"This is our song, adapted into a waltz. Beat of Your Heart." The blonde singer Hannes said into the microphone. Then they started playing, and right after that those two started dancing, and I started taking photos.

After the beautiful waltz the band started playing other songs too, I decided to take couple photos of the band from the side, and a bit further away.
I felt a hand in my shoulder, tapping it. I turned my head.
"Hey. I think it's your time to enjoy the party." Eevi stood there smiling. I let out a short chuckle and turned the camera off.
"If the bride says so." I answered and she chuckled.
I went to the table where all my things were, I took the camera bag from the ground and put all the stuff there. I looked at my margarita glass on the table, but it was empty. I frowned lightly and turned around, Niko stood there. He had two drinks on his hands.
"There you go." He handed me the other one. I started smiling as I took it.
"Thank you."

We stood there for a moment in silence, just looking at the people around who were on the dance floor having fun. I tried to find Joel, but he was nowhere to be seen.
"I don't care if you do something with your customer." Niko suddenly said, and it made me look at him confused. He stood in front of me.
Then I chuckled. He grinned too.
"Yeah, because you're my victim." I dramatically said to him.
"You're a good kisser." He smiled proudly. I think I blushed, I lowered my gaze to our feet as I chuckled nervously.
"You swear that we can forget it? I was a bit tipsy and.. I have a bad head for drinking." I looked at him under my eyebrows. He nodded understanding.
"We can. But I must say, you have soft lips." He leaned a bit closer as he said that. Yeah, we're tipsy.
Then we both started laughing and he backed his head off, but his eyes suddenly catched something behind me. He froze. I got confused, so I turned around.
Fucking hell. Joel is standing there, three meters away from us. My face dropped.
No one knows about our thing. So this might be weird to Niko, that why Joel is staring at me like that, and why I don't move.

"I'll just.. forget everything what you two just talked about." Joel casually said, like he doesn't even know me. But I saw it in his eyes how fucking disappointed and mad he was.
I've ruined everything.

I was following Joel, but he was walking so fast with his long feet so it was hard to catch him. And these people here made it a bit hard.
Joel slammed the back door open that leaded us outside. I closed the door behind me, Joel was rubbing his head frustrated. I followed his actions carefully. Then he took a lighter from his trousers pocket, and a pack of cigarettes. I didn't know he carries them with him. He took one cancer stick from the pack and put it between his lips as he lightened it. Then he put the pack back to his pocket.
"Joel.. let me explain." I said nervously. Immediately he turned around, I think he didn't know that I was there. He was frowning as he shook his head.
"Leave me alone." He snapped.

"Please, I -"
"No!" He shouted. It made me flinch.
All the memories from the past started to fill my mind. All the bad things what happened with my ex boyfriends. The cheating, yelling, controlling...
We both were just standing there in silence, I stared at him, not even blinking. But he stared at the ground as he smoked. I don't want to argue. I'm not explaining if he doesn't want me to. It's a beginning of a fight. I don't want that.
"It's better for everyone if we don't spend time tonight." He mumbled. His words made a sharp feeling to my stomach. Or to my heart.
"I have nothing going on with Niko. There hasn't been anything." I explained, my voice was a bit shaky. He turned his head to look at me.
That gaze he had.. full of anger. I felt fucking bad.
He took steps towards me slowly, then he throwed the cigarette to the ground and stepped on it.
"I don't believe that shit. Do you know how many women have betrayed me and lied to me? It fucking stops now. Go have fun with Niko. Or even with Tommi." He hissed. I shook my head disappointed.
"That kissing happened before we even liked each other." I let those words out of my mouth without thinking. I just poured more gasoline to the flames.
He leaned a bit closer as he death stared at me.