6.

6. Parties

Freya

I was putting on some eyeliner in front of the mirror in the bathroom. I've got dressed already, and soon Tuomas would be here to pick me up. I was feeling very nervous. I don't probably know the people that are there, at the party. Also, I'm his avec.. he's my boss and all...
I sighed as I was ready and took the last look of the mirror. I had a black skater dress, dr.martens shoes and my ginger hair was open. I also had some chain necklace on.
"Okay.. come on girl.. only one party." I mumbled by myself, trying to get some confidence.
Didn't help, but.. at least I got myself out of my apartment, towards the elevator that would lead me down.

I didn't even have to wait, he was already at the parking lot with his car. He was apparently scrolling his phone, I took the last deep breath before opening the passenger seat's door.
"Hi." I said while sitting down and closing the door.
He was just looking at me, I guess.. he didn't say a thing for a few seconds.
"Hello.. you look pretty." He smiled as he started to drive.
"Thanks..." I mumbled, playing with my rings in my fingers.

"Are you nervous? There's no reason for that, my brother and everyone in there are very nice. It's going to be fun." He explained, I just nodded lightly.
I wanted this night to be over already.

We stood behind his brother's door, I heard some music and talking on the other side. Tuomas rang the doorbell, and he also gave me a smile.
The door opened, and there stood a similar looking man like Tuomas. Only difference was that his brother was taller and had longer hair, I also saw that he had tattoos on his fingers and hands.
"Hi bro." The brother said and he hugged with Tuomas. I just stood there and had a small smile on my face.
He then turned to look at me.
"Hi there, I'm Juuso." He introduced himself while we shook hands.
"Freya." I smiled to him.
He let us in, those two were talking as we walked further, there was a bunch of people already.
I'm glad that this apartment was big.
I see that Juuso knows a lot of people, I recognized some of them. Apparently Tuomas left to get us something to drink, he also greeted everyone who he walked past by. It was just me and Juuso now.
His eyes were just as similar as his brother's.

"So, you and Tuomas are..." He smirked and crossed his hands against his chest.
"He's my boss, that's all." I ended his sentence quickly, he just nodded slowly and I think he understood.
"When he told me that he will bring someone.. he said that you're a special one to him. Then I assumed that you're guys dating, I don't know." He shrugged his shoulders while looking around.
I frowned, what did he just say?

"Okay.. wow. Just to make clear, me and him, we have nothing in common. Does he keep telling shit like that often? To everyone?" I got pissed.
Not to Juuso, but to his older brother Tuomas.
He scratched his neck and didn't look too happy.

"Just.. be careful. He's ambitious, doesn't give up easily. I was suprised when he started to lead the photography studio six months ago. Doesn't really fit into his interests..." He looked at me and leaned closer, just in case Tuomas would suddenly come back. I was confused, again. But Juuso seemed to be a nice guy, he was calm, but also was easy to talk with. I'm not wondering why he has many friends.
"What do you mean?" I asked.

But we didn't get to talk any longer, Tuomas was already here behind our back's.
"Here we go, drinks for us." He said, handing us some champagne. I took my glass from his hand, it was hard for me to show a fake smile.

"Let's meet later, I have some responsibility as keeping the guests happy." Juuso told us smiling, leaving us behind.
It was just me and Tuomas then, I had so many questions, but there's one important question I need to have an answer.
"So.. I'm a special one to you, huh?" I asked, taking a sip of my drink and looking the people around us.
I didn't want to look at him now.
But I could feel his burning eyes on me.
"I.. uhm.. you know, my brother can be competitive.. I wanted to tease him a bit. He doesn't have much luck with women.. so..." His explanation was as bad as I thought it would be. I just chuckled and shook my head disappointed.
"Your brother seemed to be friendly. Am I just an object to you so you can show me around and tell lies?" I started to get angry, but I managed to stay calm as possible.
He didn't say anything, only struggled with opening his mouth. I started to take steps away from him, further to the apartment.