Chapter 49

Wei Wuxian was with Lan Wangii after the contest, both were wandering around Jinlintai together.

Maybe caused a few troubles here and there.

"Do you think Wanyin and Yanli are fairing well?" Wei Wuxian couldn't help but ask the older.

"Well for one thing, Yanli would be fine, Wanyin must he bringing prostitutes for Jin Guangshan." Lan Wangji said and Wei Wuxian laughed.

"I would hate my job if I was his servant too. can't blame him" Wei Wuxian shrugged.

"So what do you want to do?" He then asked the taller "We could light up lanterns." Lan Wangji suggested.

"Why not? It's getting dark and well, the night sky might look better with a few lanterns in it." and so the two went to buy plain lanterns and went to a small place that had a good view.

"Lan Zhan! Look what I made!"

Lan Wangji turned and saw that Wei Wuxian had drew two hands together connected with a white forehead ribbon.

"It's beautiful." he complimented before Wei Wuxian giggled "Show me yours!"

Lan Wangji looked embarrassed before showing two stickman figures holding hands.

Wei Wuxian held back his laugh "Hey! Don't laugh!" Though in reality Lan Wangji really enjoyed his laugh.

"Come on now! It's cute! Just like my adorable Hanguang-jun." Wei Wuxian then pinched the older's cheek.

"Not as adorable as my bunny." Lan Wangii stole a kiss from the younger.

"Ah Lan Zhan! Careful! Warn me before doing that!" Wei Wuxian flushed brightly.

"Not when I can see your pretty red face cutie."

'Cutie!? That's new!' Wei Wuxian thought before he looked away.

"A-anyway! We should light our lanterns up! It's already nearly dark!" Wei Wuxian awkwardly stuttered.

It was getting dark, the sky was already purple fading to black.

Lan Wangji admired the view in front of him.

Wei Wuxian was lighting up his own lanterns in front of the already nearly setting sun.

It was beautiful.

If Lan Wangji could draw he would have this painted.

But oh well, he could just enjoy the moment while it lasts.

"Ah Lan Zhan, you should stop staring at me and hurry up and light your lantern."

—————————

"Where have the two of you been?" Lan Xichen asked as soon as he saw his brother and Wei Wuxian enter.

The Jin Sect was having a banquet to celebrate after the hunt.

"We lit up some lanterns Xichen-ge, sorry we took so long, Lan Zhan here keeps on dozing off." Wei Wuxian huffed.

"I was not dozing off! I was admiring my Yingying."

"If you both continue like this, I'm afraid we might have to hurry the wedding." Lan Xichen said amused.

Lan Wangji smiled "Right! I already had Nie Huaisang and you to make the plans."

Wei Wuxian blinked before turning red and smacked the taller playfully "I'm still rebuilding Lotus Pier! We can't be getting married yet around this time!"

"You never said no to advance plans."

"I-whatever I'll find Wen Ning, Qing Jie will kill me if he comes back with even a scratch!"