Chapter 39

"OWW!" Lan Wangji held onto his nose.

Wei Wuxian panicked "I'm sorry! I got scared! I didn't know-are you alright? Of course not! Why am I asking!? How do I make it better?"

Lan Wangji smirked "You could give me a kiss."

Wei Wuxian paused and huffed before looking away "If you can flirt like that then you're fine!"

"But Yingying! I have traveled far and wide! I went to fight those bad Wens and then I came back with a notebook slammed onto my face!" Lan Wangji Whined.

Wei Wuxian was still looking away but glancing back at Lan Wangji time to time, only to be met with the same puppy eyes.

Wei Wuxian hesitantly turned around to face the older and walked towards him and kissed his nose quickly before heading off to escape.

Lan Wang grabbed him by the waist and hugged him close "You aren't going anywhere!" He hid his face on the younger's neck.

"L-Lan Zhan! What if so-someone seems us like this!?" Wei Wuxian sputtered out.

"Then let them see, they need to know I claimed you already!" Lan Wangji said.

"Shameless!" Wei Wuxian said and Lan Wangji laughed softly and BRO-

THAT LAUGH WAS MORE ADDICTING THAN WINE!

Wei Wuxian turned red "Give a man some warning before you laugh like that!"

Lan Wangji blinked before looking at Wei Wuxian who was covering his red face with his left hand.

Lan Wangji smirked "Mmm....but I like seeing you like this, Maybe I wouldn't warn you."

"LAN ZHAN!"

Lan Wangji made Wei Wuxian face him and kissed him Wei Wuxian sighed into the kiss.

"Come on now! I wanna see what you're up to! We can't be kissing all day now can we?" Lan Wangji winked at Wei Wuxian who muttered something under his breath.

"Sit, I'll explain all these talismans I have been working on."

And so Lan Wangji listened to Wei Wuxian like a love struck Maiden but only that...he wasn't the Maiden between the two.

He listened to Wei Wuxian like a good student.

"These would be useful." Lan Wangji said towards the talismans.

"At night we could use the glow in the dark to our enemies so that it wouldn't be easy for them to hide." Lan Wangji said.

"And this invisible talisman, how long does it last." Lan Wangji questioned "If you put little energy, it will last you 5 minutes, you put more, you have 30." Wei Wuxian said.

Lan Wangji nodded.

"Though...The paralyzing talismans, I have managed to do it but it wasn't able to last even 5 seconds no matter how much energy I placed into it, I'll check more on it Tomorrow." Wei Wuxian said as he started packing up "We can show these talismans to Chifenqzun later, he might put them to good use."

Lan Wangji nodded and helped Wei Wuxian pack up and the two headed back towards their camp.

"Ah Wangji-" Lan Xichen blinked "What happened to your nose? It's red."

Wei Wuxian huffed "He scared me and I threw my notebook at him."

Lan Xichen bit his lip and hid his mouth behind his sleeve "Brother." Lan Wangji glared "Sorry Wangji, but I did warn you."

Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji "He warned you and you still decided to scare me."

"Heh...at least it wasn't one of your exploding talismans?" Lan Wangji said.