Chapter 45

"Wei Wuxian, weren't you siding with Wen Ruohan? Shouldn't you be the one to put your Hands behind your head aswell?" Meng Yao smiled.

Wei Wuxian laughed "I wasn't siding with him, I too was a spy, those talismans I made for Wen Ruohan had spiritual poison in them but it would trick him into thinking he gets healed...don't doubt you were fooled as well."

Meng Yao's smile hardened.

"Wei Ying did good."

Meng Yao was surprised at the sudden compliment.

Lan Wangji never complimented Wei Wuxian in the other timeline.

He'll have to investigate this later.

"But Wei Wuxian had never been caught writing letters, I on the other hand had been sent here by Zewu-Jun."

Nie Mingjue scoffed "Your letters take too long to arrive, Wei Wuxian here, was sent by me, Xichen, Zixuan, and Qingheng-jun."

Meng Yao was not informed of this.

"Wei Ying invented a live recording talisman, we could listen to it, we heard each and every single word and were able to move faster and kill a lot of Wens." Lan Wangji said.

"Anyways, I take it that Chifengzun can take care of these prisoners?" Nie Mingjue nodded.

The Wen soldiers were shaking.

A few people then managed to enter "A-Jue? Wangji? Wuxian?!" Lan Xichen's voice had been heard.

Meng Yao was hurt that his Er-ge did not call him to check if he was alive.

As soon as Lan Xichen's saw them he immediately went towards his brother "Wangji! Are you okay? You should change out of those Wen robes and put your forehead ribbon!"

Lan Xichen then went to Nie Mingjue "Okay you came out fine as usual, and I take it the illusion talisman worked on these prisoners as they're dead already."

Meng Yao now understood why Nie Mingjue was not genuinely furious.

He had been fooled.

His smile had been tight at this moment.

Wei Wuxian was holding his laugh at how Lan Xichen was fussing over Lan Wangi and Nie Mingjue.

"Wuxian don't think you are safe! You have been gone for four months! Let me see your face!"

Wei Wuxian stilled at the Lan Heir grabbed him in the face and aggressively checked him over.

"Xichen, you don't need to fuss, Wen Ruohan is dead." they head Qingheng-jun speak.

They turned and saw Jiang Wanyin, Jin Zixuan, Jiang Fengmian, Jiang Yanli, Qingheng-jun, Lan Qire, Nie Huaisang (for some reason he came at the ending of the battle) and Jin Guangshan.

Lan Xichen nodded before turning towards Meng Yao "Meng Yao, I am glad that you are safe."

Lan Wang had to use all his restraint not to scoff.

Meng Yao nodded and smiled "I am safe."

"Now why don't we have a banquet? The Jins would be more than kind to let us have the banquet in their place?" Lan Qianfan said.

Jin Guangshan cleared his throat "Why not? I suppose it could be done." Jin Guangshan then stared at Meng Yao.

Hours Later Lan Wangji was feeling nervous.

"Lan Wangii, what's getting you all nervous? It's showing all onto your face." he heard Nie Mingue said.

Apparently Nie Mingjue, Lan Xichen, Nie Huaisang, and Jin Zixuan were in a tent as Wei Wuxian was getting checked for any resentful energy that could have damage his core while he was working with Wen Ruohan.