Chapter 33

Only few of Nie Mingjue's men had died when Wen Chao came over to attack and another few had their cores melted.

The ones who had their cores melted were given jobs to be a teacher to guide the disciples or if they want to leave and go back to their families.

Those who chose to leave were given their pay along with some extra for their participation in protecting the sect.

The worst news that came was that Xue Yang had escaped, Nie Zonghui was murdered and the suspect was of course Xue Yang.

Nie Huaisang knows it was Meng Yao but he can't let the man out of his sight just yet.

"How did that bastard escape!? And Nie Zonghui is a force to reckon with! Someone had a part played with this!" Nie Mingjue yelled at Meng Yao.

Thank goodness he just found out that his brother wasn't all dumb.

He actually has a bit of brains in there instead of all just muscles.

"We will try to investigate the matter." Meng Yao said "See that you do." Nie Mingjue said before leaving and Nie Huaisang wants to groan.

FORGET WHAT HE SAID.

HIS BROGHER IS DUMB.

Usually if given something to investigate or given orders Meng Yao would say "I will see to it." but this one he said "We."

Honestly this was probably why I was born, there should be atleast one brain in this family.

—————————

As the injured were healing the other's were helping clean up.

"Wei Ying."

Wei Wuxian turned to face Lan Wangji "Yeah?"

"Wei Ying, your arm is bleeding, we should get you treated."

Wei Wuxian looked at his arm which was indeed bleeding.

"This must be from the part where I was distracted, Alright, walk me to the healers?"

How could Lan Wangji say no?

And so they made their way towards the healers.

"I have wondered when you'd come see me again."

A very familiar voice reached his ear, he had been wondering when he'll be able to see her again.

His head snapped forward when he saw the person who called out to him.

"JIANG FEN JIE!" Wei Wuxian cried as he ran up and hugged her.

"Child, calm down, you're making a scene." Jiang Fen said but patted his head as the teen cried in her arms.

Lan Wangi was watching this reunion with soft eyes.

Jiang Fen had arrived a month ago asking if she can work in Cloud Recesses as a healer because she defected her Sect as she didn't want to be acquainted with them.

Now that the two had met again, it looked like a mother who was reunited with her son.

"I promised didn't I? When you leave, I'll follow when the time is right." She repeated the words she had promised him.

"I missed you a-Niang." he sniffed and the woman sighed "Come on don't think I haven't noticed that bleeding arm of yours! You can cry again after I am done healing that injured arm of yours!"

And so Wei Wuxian sat on the bed as Jiang Fen did her work on his arm.

"When did you get here? Did you two know each other?" Wei Wuxian asked the last part as he faced Lan Wangii.