Chapter 40

"Alright this is kind of scary' Wei Wuxian thought as he was trying to find some Wens to get himself captured.

'I already made myself look injured with this hologram talisman, I just need to act like i fainted in front of the Wens, and they'll probably take me to Wen Ruohan.' he thought to himself.

'Lan Zhan, I will return to you as soon as all this is over.'

That is a promise he INTENDS TO KEEP.

He will return to him.

Only because the older is a big baby and will whine all day and probably scare all the disciples and then cry for the rest of eternity.

Yes that's the reason.

And not because he's worried about the elder and loves him very much.

Mhm.

Yes.

That's exactly why.

Reasonable.

Alright now he has to find Wens! And where are they!?

Jin Zixuan and Jiang Yanli are watching him.

Making sure I'll be captured and taken away.

'I doubt Maiden Jiang is watching me though.'

And well...he wasn't wrong.

Jiang Yanli's focus was on Jin Zixuan.

Jin Zixuan was getting annoyed at it but as long as she would not utter a word! Everything would be fine.

Hopefully.

Because he would yell and then their cover would blow up.

Suddenly a few voices came from behind.

Jin Zixuan grabbed Jiang Yanli's hair and pulled her down to hide behind a bush.

'That hurts!' Jiang Yanli thought. 'But he was worried about my safety...maybe...there's a chance.' she thought to herself and she stared back at Jin Zixuan.

Jin Zixuan was annoyed already 'WHY DID MADAM YU WANT HER TO BE HERE!? MORE SPECIFICALLY HER DAUGHTER WHOSE LEG JUST GOTTEN HEALED!?'

Whatever, he was there to watch the movement.

Wei Wuxian heard laughing from behind him.

"Don't come any closer." he said acting tired.

"Aww looks like the fearful rogue cultivator had been seriously injured." A Wen said.

"Sect Leader Wen might want to deal with you." another commented.

Wei Wuxian took out some talisman that will burn them but only minor.

"You! GET HIM!" The one leading the group said.

Wei Wuxian put up a bit of fight before he made himself look as if he fainted.

"Grab him and bring him with us." the leader said "Sect Leader Wen might have some use for him."

Once they were away from them in a safe distance, Jin Zixuan got up from hiding.

Jiang Yanli was going to thank him for earlier but Jin Zixuan cut her off.

"I did not pull you to hiding for your sake but for Wei Wuxian's sake, if we were caught, we would have blown the mission." he hissed "Now we should head back before I leave you here alone."

They started walking back towards the camp, Jiang Yanli walking atleast 5 steps behind Jin Zixuan hoping he would tell her to walk beside him but it never came.