Chapter 23

Jiang Yanli was being trained by her granduncle while her mother basically flew towards Meishan Yu.

Jiang Qiong was watching her intensely as she does the Jiang forms with her wooden sword.

"Wrong! Repeat formation 3, 4, and 5 again, what is your mother teaching you!?" The elder snapped 'Just because you hate my mother, does not mean she's not smart!' Jiang Yanli wanted to yell out but refrained from doing so.

"Forget it! Drop the sword! You will practice your archery! You've never picked up a bow in your whole life! Go to the weaponry and grab a beginner's bow!"

Jiang Yanli huffed before dragging herself towards the weaponry.

"These clothes are disgusting." she muttered as she looked at her training robes.

She couldn't let her hair down most of the time because it disturbs her so she had to tie it into a bun, not that it looks bad on her, but it gets messy after some time and all that sweat makes her hair itchy and sticky!

As she entered the weaponry she went towards where the bows lay and as she was going to grab the beginner's bow she saw a very pretty purple bow that had a few lotuses carved onto it.

Maybe her granuncle wouldn't mind if she took this instead, it has better quality, meaning she would be able to shoot better with this instead of the plain and low quality bow her granduncle told her to get.

She nodded to herself and grabbed a few arrows and went back towards the training field.

"Did you get it."

"I did."

Jiang Qing turned and immediately got displeased at the choice of bow "I told you to get the beqinner's bow! Why did you bring this!?" He demanded for answers.

"Granduncle, the quality is better, I would have a lesser hard time in shorring arrow." Jiang Yanli tried to reason but her granduncle was having none of it.

"AND!? Just because it has good quality doesn't mean you can shoot well! You have to start from the bottom! If you can't shoot with a bad quality bow, how can you shoot with the one with good quality? It's not like you'll be having it with you for the whole time! What if your forget your bow and the only ones in front of you were the ones with bad quality what are you going to do!?" He asked.

"Just like sword training! You start by using wooden swords to avoid getting hurt! Then you move on to the next when you progessed enough! Now stop being hardheaded and grab the plain looking bow before I make you run around the Pier from dawn till evening with no breaks."

Jiang Yanli tried not to let her emotions show and walked towards the weaponry again to grab the bow her granduncle told her to grab.

—————————

Madam Yu and her maids had already landed and Madam Yu was already grumpy as she was radiating thick aura around her as the walked through the town and the people ignores her or cowardly looked away.

'THEY DARE NOT BOW DOWN TO ME!? AREN'T I A SECT MADAM!? WHEN I AM DONE CHECKING MY DAUGHTER I WILL MAKE SURE THEY ALL WILL BE PUNISHED!'

She didn't even get a replacement for her whip, Of course she wanted the Zidian as it was passed down to the family members but IT WAS GIVEN TO HER BY PITY!? WHAT PITY!? SHE DIDN'T EVEN NEED THEIR PITY!

As she made her way towards the training ground she saw her daughter...holding a trashy bow with her Uncle-in-law training her.

SHE CAN'T ACCEPT THIS!

"WHY ARE YOU ALLOWING MY DAUGHTER TO WEILD SUCH BOW!?"

"This is the same bow your son had weild when he started learning the bow." Jiang Qiong raised a brow.