Chapter 15

If people say Wei Wuxian wasn't feeling guilty...they were mad wrong.

Even after how many times the Jiangs had wronged him, he still feels guilty for Madam Yu getting whipped because the whipping or abuse had been confirmed.

He sighed again while looking at the moon.

Jiang Wanyin was in his quarters, Wei Wuxian moved to Nie Huaisang's quarters, Lan Qiren allowed him to stay till the end of the lectures if he wants or wishes to stay.

Madam Yu, Jiang Fengmian, Jiang Yanli, Jin Guangshan, and Madam Jin had left immediately after the punishment, the Zidian being given to Lan Qiren for safe keeping.

"Wei Ying, bunny, what are you doing up here?" Wei Wuxian flinched as he heard Lan Wangji's voice.

He softly sighed before smiling "I was...thinking." he looked back up on the moon.

Lan Wangji sat beside him "You're feeling guilty aren't you?"

"How did you know?"

Lan Wangji fixed the other's hair "You're too kind, it wasn't hard to guess, the punishment was lenient but it nearly killed her."

Wei Wuxian buried his face onto the other's chest "My relationship with the Jiangs will never be the same." Lan Wangji hummed "It might never be the same, but you have better things to find in the future."

He hugged Wei Wuxian close.

"Build your own road, find yourself, know your worth, it will take time but I'll be with you in every step of the way." he kissed Wei Wuxian's forehead.

"Your future lover would be jealous that you kissed my head Lan-er-gege." Wei Wuxian snickered as he lifted his face to make eye contact with Lan Wangji.

Lan Wangji huffed 'There's only you.' he shook his head before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Wei Wuxian asked as Lan Wangji turned to look at him with a smile.

"Catch me?"

"Lan-er-gege are you asking me to play tag with you? Curfew is in a few and isn't running forbidden?" Wei Wuxian raised a brow "When did that stop you?" Lan Wangji winked and jumped of the wall.

Wei Wuxian laughed and followed behind.

He ran after the taller who somehow kept on dodging his hand in attempt to catch him.

"Lan Zhan!"

Lan Wangji turned and jumped on top of another roof before he was caught by Wei Wuxian.

"Get back here! Once I get my hands on you, you'll be in big trouble!"

Lan Wangji chuckled and the two were jumping roof to roof, running on the wall with Wei Wuxian trying to catch the taller.

Lan Wangji then jumped down to the direction of their bunnies which made Wei Wuxian go and take a detour.

Lan Wangji realized he was no longer being followed so he stopped and turned around to see if Wei Wuxian was nearby.

He knows his soulmate would be somewhere around here, but in which direction.

He was then pushed to the ground as Wei Wuxian hugged his back "I caught you!" He giggled.

"Mn, Wei Ying caught me."

Wei Wuxian smiled "Your turn!"

Wei Wuxian stood up and ran towards the bunnies but he wasn't able to go that far until his wrist was caught.

He gasped as Lan Wang pulled his wrist towards him and pinned Wei Wuxian on the ground.

Wei Wuxian blushed at how close their faces were at the moment.