Chapter 14

Jiang Wanyin was sitting on his seat when the doors bursted open and his mother and older sister fussed on him "How are you? Your Han is scratched! Lan Qiren do you not care about my child's well being!?" Madam Yu accused the acting Sect leader who just looked at her unimpressed.

"Your son's well being!?" A voice rang out and Madam Yu saw Madam Jin's red face "Your son! Knocked my A-Xuan unconscious! Not only that but in my letter HE WAS LOSING TOO MUCH
BLOOD AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT A FUCKING SCRATCH!?" She yelled at her sworn sister.

Madam Yu glared at her "My A-Cheng doesn't attack unprovoked! I personally trained him!" The four were already on their seats as Jiang Yanli decided to stay beside Jiang Wanyin.

"It would make sense you taught him! You both would always hit people whether they provoked you or not! DON'T think I don't know about those rumors about you whipping Wei Wuxian with the Zidian and your husband not doing anything about it!"

Yu Ziyuan's ring crackled "Li Chang! You believe such baseless rumors!?" She felt betrayed by her best friend.

Li Chang just stared at her "I don't need to believe those rumors to know it's true! When you first got your whip I WAS YOUR FIRST TEST SUBJECT! HAD I KNOWN THOSE SCARS WOULD NOT FADE I WOULD HAVE NEVER AGREED!"

The place was silent...

Nie Huaisang who was outside smirked 'Another new rumor to be put to use.'

Madam Yu was too shocked to reply "AND WHAT? THAT BASTARD DARE MAKE HIMSELF LOOK BATTER THAN MY SON! THAT SON OF A SERVANT DARE DOES BETTER!"

"But the said son of a servant would be better than my fiancé who couldn't even form a core at her age today."

Everyone froze when a new voice had entered the room "A-Xuan!"

Li Chang quickly rushed over towards her son checking his bandaged nose and swollen eyes.

Jiang Yanli, on the other hand, was feeling sad that her crush had compared her to Wei Wuxian.

"YOU STILL DARE SAY YOUR SON'S WELL BEING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MINE!? WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF HE PUNCHED HIS NOSE ONE MORE TIME!? HE WOULD HAVE FLOWN TO THE HEAVENS ABOVE!"

Li Chang accused her said best friend.

"YOU BRAT DARE STILL SHOW YOUR FACE HERE!" Lan Wangji stepped in front of Wei Wuxian, daring Madam Yu to hit him.

"A-Xian, I trusted you to keep A-Cheng in line." Jiang Fengmian spoke and Wei Wuxian just stared at him blanky "Instead of always trusting me to keep your son's anger in check, you should be the one to teach him to control it Sect Leader Jiang."

"YOU DARE TALK BACK!? SEE WHAT YOU BROUGHT IN FENGMIAN! THIS STREET RAT YOU BROUGHT IN DARES TALK BACK!"

"As much as you wish to continue your familial matters, my wife and I, have a lot of paper work that needs to be done, especially Madam Jin who has 4 stacks of papers she needs to go through." Jin Guangshan said as he placed his tea down.

'What?' Jiang Yanli was shocked to hear that the Madam has Sect Work to do, 'Mother doesn't even do any work' she looked towards her mother.

"A-Xuan, I want to hear what you want, I have blindly allowed this for the sake of my friendship but I will allow you to choose whether you want to keep this marriage or not." Li Chang had said.

Jin Guangshan was literally begging his son to dissolve the marriage.

Jin Zixuan took a deep breath "Mother I do not wish to be married to a person who I would not love, It would be unfair as I am not able reciprocate the feelings." Jiang Yanli's heart broke at that.