16 ~ Hiraeth

Hiraeth
noun
The feeling of being homesick for a home one is not able to return to.

HiraethnounThe feeling of being homesick for a home one is not able to return to

"Good morning, baby."

Mumbling garbled words, I pull my blanket higher over my face, trying to keep the light away from my closed eyes.

Samir skillfully dives under it and yanks my back flush to his front, his lips finding the spot in the back of my neck where my spine meets my skull. He snickers. "Come on, baby, today's your day."

"You know I hate when you call me baby," I mutter, relishing in the warmth his body radiates.

"Hmm-mmh." He trails light kisses along my shoulder. "But I love when you roll your eyes at me."

"What time is it?" I ask, slowly rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. It's still dark inside since I remembered to close the blinds for once, I realize. So there's no need for my blanket barrier and I slowly peek over it.

"Almost seven," Samir whispers between kisses along my neck, sending warm puffs of air across my skin when he travels over my shoulder. I feel him grow hard against my hip. "But I have something planned that requires us to drive to Brisbane."

"Brisbane?" I gasp when he pushes his hips forward and I feel the hard ridge of his erection slipping between my ass cheeks.

"Uh-huh. I have quite the day planned for you. For us." His fingers dance from where he's been holding me in his arm down, down, cupping me over my knickers and sleep shorts.

I tease him by pushing my own hips back. "Does that plan involve birthday morning sex?"

He groans huskily. "I think we can squeeze that in, birthday girl."

A quick rush of worry kicks me fully awake, and I turn around in his arms, meeting his heavily hooded dark eyes I love so much. "How's your head today?" I touch his temple, brushing my thumb over his hairline. For a few days in a row, he's been rattled by headaches, but yesterday he says it's been excruciating. He went to a doctor who prescribed him painkillers for migraines about a week ago but yesterday was... different, and I want him to see a doctor again.

"It's good, Blue. I took a painkiller yesterday." The popping dimple in his cheek when he smiles helps to dissipate my worries. It's distracting. "I'm fine."

"Rye!" Chase's voice brings me back to the here and now. "You coming?"

"Yeah, yeah, sure." I clear my throat and quickly scramble out of my already parked truck without looking at him, grabbing the small presents I got for my mom and brother from the back. I don't need him to detect what I was just thinking about. I'm sure my cheeks are flushed from the memory of the last time Samir and I woke up together. The last time we had sex. The last time he bit his lips and crinkled his brows in pleasure when he came inside me before his forehead fell to my chest with a grunt. The last time I was granted that glorious sight of his body moving above mine. The last time we got ready and left the house together.