Chapter 1

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Lincoln: You want to send me where?!

Lincoln Loud, a normal 11-year-old boy with white hair, is sitting in front of his parents in the living room of their ramshackle house. His ten sisters hide at the top of the stairs and overhear the conversation. For the past few days, the girls have been avoiding him a lot since Lynn Jr. started this Bad Luck bullshit. He admits he briefly thought about playing along, but then gave up on the idea because he knows how often things like this escalate in this family. Has probably brought nothing. He's been banned from family activities and everyone avoids him, even Clyde, but that's more because of his dads. Now back to the current situation.

Lynn Sr.: We'll send you to a boarding school.

Lincoln sits there in shock.

Lincoln: WHY?!

Rita: Well the girls and we think it would be safer for us if you and your bad luck lived a little further away. Of course you get something from Lincoln, you get a great education.

Lincoln shakes his head in disbelief at what he's hearing.

Lincoln: You're sending me away for his stupid reason that isn't based on facts! I'm not bad luck!

At that moment, Lynn comes down the stairs with her arms crossed.

Lynn: Yes you are! How else am I supposed to have lost my game against the opponents?

Lincoln puts a hand on his forehead, now he has to do it again. He can already feel the migraine.

Lincoln: Lynn have you ever thought about it, that you always play the same way and your opponents saw through it?! And that's why you lost?!

Lynn shakes her head.

Lynn: Save your excuses Stincoln! Even if something like that happened, they could never match Lynn Loud! It's your fault that we've had so many bad experiences lately.

Lincoln just shakes his head in desperation.

Lincoln: Okay let me put it another way. Does everyone here think like Lynn?

At that moment, the rest of the sisters come halfway down the stairs.

Sisters: Yes!

Except for Lily, who doesn't quite understand the situation. Lincoln slaps his forehead.

Lincoln: Okay I've had enough, when do I go to this boarding school?

Rita reaches into her purse and pulls out a piece of paper. It's a flyer that features a young dark-skinned man wearing a black t-shirt and a red jacket over it. He wears a cap on his head that is red and black with some sort of medal on it. He is looking at the camera smiling and it says "Ranger School" above him. A little further down in a box it says "Each newly enrolled student should be at the airport between the hours of 8am and 8pm Monday through Friday."

Lincoln: Ranger School?

Lynn Sr.: That's the name of the school, but look at the rest of the flyer. What they all promise, an outstanding education, many hiking days and a secure job after graduation if the student wants it. And that for only 200 dollars.

Lincoln takes a closer look at the flyer and it actually says it.

Lincoln: *thinking* To be honest, it really doesn't look that bad. I don't want to stay here either if everyone is acting so foolish. *Out loud* OK, I go to this school.

Lynn Sr. and Rita smile and each put a hand on his shoulder.

Lynn Sr.: I bet it's going to be great son.