Puppet Master

L E G E N D S  O F  O L Y M P U S 

A R C  I I : 

R E V E L A T I O N

Reign's POV

I held my breath and slowly lowered myself in the tub with closed, heavy eyes.

'No, don't go to Tartarus...'

Dahan-dahan kong binuksan ang aking mga mata sa ilalim ng tubig at bumungad sa'kin ang mga bituing nakapinta sa buong kisame ng bathhouse ko.

The house I'm sleeping in must have been inspired by day and night. The entrance hall was open to the sky. It was bright, bringing in daylight to my bedroom that I can adjust by closing or opening the partition door.

But it's the bathhouse that was dark, resembling the night sky, because of the stars painted across the ceiling, and the reflective black tiles on the walls and floor.

Malaki na nga ang silid at mas pinalaki pa ito dahil sa uri ng tiles na ginamit nila para sa sahig at bubong. Sinasalamin kasi nito ang liwanag ng nakapintang mga bituin.

Pumikit ako at mabagal na napasinghap nang iahon ko ang aking ulo mula sa tubig.

'You will not come back the same...'

Gods.

Gamit ang aking mga palad, tinakpan ko ang aking mukha. Diniin ko ito sa aking mga mata saka napahilamos.

It's still heavy...

Maingay akong napabuga ng hangin, bago namulat. Napakisap-kisap din ako sa pagbigat ng nararamdaman ko.

I was able to observe Uncle Hector, and I can't help but see his son behind the slightest twitch of his eyes and lips. It was made clear to me that Henri inherited some of his mannerisms and traits, including the way his eyes narrow when he smiles.

Dinaganan ko ng magkabilang palad ang aking basang buhok sabay sandal ng aking ulo sa tub. Tinuwid ko ang aking mga binti at muling napatingala sa mga bituin.

'I may not be able to steal your throne in the Academy, but I will remove you from your place...'

I scoffed, unbelieving.

Did he know I was going to meet the man who raised him?

Umawang ang aking bibig nang mapabuntong-hininga ulit ako.

'I will not let you destroy an empire I have built since I learned how to blame...'

And should I tell him everything his son told me?

'And as a daughter of the crown, you are nothing without an awaiting throne, Reign...'

Kumunot ang aking noo dahil sa pagkabalisa.

'You are nothing without an awaiting throne, Reign...'

For some reason, his voice continued to echo in my thoughts.

"Thrones..." bulong ko sa sarili.

'Your throne in the Academy, but I will remove you from your place...'

Tumuwid ang aking ulo nang may mahinuha ako sa sinabi niya.

He mentioned a throne in the Academy, and another one, didn't he? Only he called it my 'place.'