Europe

Grey's POV

I gave an annoyed glance at the huntsman who managed to slice open my cape, before I kicked him hard in the abdomen.

"Ne touche pas ma cape," I asked calmly. "Even though it could also heal itself."

'Don't touch my cape.'

"Amazing, non? A cape with healing power? Made out of the golden fleece? That can heal its wearer and itself?" I ducked under a wave of a sword and summoned a mirror that I stabbed on another man's waist. "It is just one of the things our Academy have achieved by not..." I kicked another one's knee. "-killing, like what you do."

"Perhaps the reason why-" Small shards of glass appeared to surround me and threw themselves at the next batch of huntsmen that gathered around me. 

"Perhaps the reason why you were not given power is because power does not want you, you know?" tanong ko sa kanila. "But I understand."

Umilag ako sa isang palaso na nagawang daplisan ang aking tenga. Lumitaw ang isang mahabang salamin sa aking kamay na agad kong ibinato sa huntsman na may dala ng pana.

"Certains hommes bons seront tentés par le pouvoir et même la gloire," sabi ko.

'Some good men will be tempted by greed, power, glory, even.'

I summoned my own two swords made out of glass to counter the huntsman who managed to stand up despite the broken pieces of glass stuck on his body.

'Grey, why the hell are you still fighting?' I heard Dad's voice from my earpiece. 'We need you in the control room.'

"Peut-être que je pourrais parler un certain sens dans 'em, Papa," sagot ko.

'Maybe I could talk some sense into 'em, Dad.'

Sinundan ito ng katahimikan kaya napabuntong-hininga nalang ako.

I gave the huntsmen an empty look before I fell inside the portal that appeared below my feet.

Then I landed on an empty seat in front of a couple of monitors, in a dark room surrounded by screens.

Hindi ko binalingan ng tingin si Dad na nakatayo sa tabi ko at mariing nakatuon sa'kin.

"Blow it up," utos ko sa babaeng nakaupo sa likod niya.

On a screen in front of me, I saw one of the facilities get marked out from the map.

Sinenyasan ko si Dad na tumingin dito. "There, I did it."

I leaned back on my swivel chair and slowly turned around to follow Dad with my gaze as he silently left the control room.

"Tsk." I clicked my tongue before spinning around again to face my control panel. "Je meurs d'ennui..."

'I am dying of boredom...'

Seriously, how boring will this get? 

While I am only allowed to plant bombs within and around the huntsmen's facilities to destroy them, the others get to fight face to face against the enemies.

Just because I am the most mobile of us and can go to any place from time to time does not mean I automatically volunteered to be assigned in the control room.

Tinanggal ko ang earpiece at sinuot ang headset na nakapatong sa desk.

Binati ako ng natatarantang boses ni Zack.