• CHAPTER 7 •

~ Gargi's pov ~

After parting ways with Sakshi I went towards a Cafe to grab a couple of coffee cups and something to munch in. While walking towards it I found a small cute girl with beautiful big black doe eyes which were teary. Did someone scold her? Where are her parents? Was she lost?

I couldn't help myself from going towards her.
I kneeled down to match her height and asked her "Hey, baby, What's your name? Did someone scold you? With whom did you come here to the airport?"

She kept staring at me with her big eyes. May be she was Contemplated whether to trust me or not. She started sobbing silently.

I just hugged her and patted her back. Caressing her back, cooing her to relax a bit. After some moment she relaxed and hugged me back.

"You know your dress looks so pretty! Would you mind if I borrow it some day? I want to look beautiful the way you look now!" I pouted

She giggled a bit, "My Avi Mama gifted me this dress, but this won't fit you, I'll ask him to get same one, then we would be matching matching!"

Awww!!! She was so cute!!!
"But how should I take a gift from a stranger? For that we must know each other, right baby?"

She nodded.

"So I'm Gargi, will you be my friend sweetie?"

She hesitated a bit, But then smiled widely, shook my hand "I'm Avika Oberoi, and you are my friend!" She said happily, clapping her hands

"Come'on give your new friend a hug!"
We both hugged each other.

"What should I call you?" She asked innocently

"Whatever you wanna call me baby"

"You know I have Nanu, nani, dadu, dadi, chacha, Chachi, Mama, I don't have any one to call Mami, should I call you Mami?"

I choked air! And started coughing, She being the cute girl, started patting my shoulder softly with her baby hands.

"Umm, Baby, Just forget what you should call me, tell me Are you lost?"
Tears started brimming into her eyes, hiccuping a little, she nodded in affirmation.

I picked her in my arms, carassed her cheeks, "it's okay baby, We will find them okay? You don't need to cry! If you weren't lost, would you have able to meet me?" I asked

She shook her head, Answering in negative.

"Then are you not happy with your new friend?"

"You are right, if I didn't get lost I won't have got a new friend" she grinned "but will you help me find my Mamma?"

"Ofcourse baby, Do you know your mother's Phone number?"

She said No. So i took her to the Lost and found segment and asked whether there is someone searching for a little girl. There was none till now, They insisted keeping Avika with them but the poor child wasn't even bit ready to be with them. So I gave them my details and Took Avika with me.

I took her with me towards the Cafe, we occupied an empty seat, while she just sat on my lap, I asked her what she wanted to have, after forcing her zillionth time she said she wanted a Chocolate truffle shake, I ordered one along with coffee and sandwiches.
While we waited for our order, suddenly I saw her small unicorn backpack, I opened it and found a school diary! It definitely should have her Parents or guardians contact number.

"Baby, trust me, we will find them soon okay? Just be a little patient!" She nodded hesitantly.

I rang her mothers number, after 3 rings, she picked up the call,
"Hello" she said, her voice depicted fear, panick, She took long breaths as if she had ran a long marathon.

"Hello, its Gargi this side, is it Avika Oberoi's mother?"

"Yes, how do you know her? Is she with you?"

"OH, yes she is, I found her on the airport, she was lost, she is safe with me"

She sighed heavily, "Thank God she is safe, where exactly can I find you both?"

"Umm, near the Bakers Street Cafe, just near the third terminal"

"I'll be there in a minute, Thank you so much Gargi" she said

"It's fine, there's no rush, We'll wait for you here"

After hanging up, our orders arrived, I gave the Chocolate shake to her which she accepted gleefully.

"What do you like to eat baby?"
Sipping through her shake she said "Chocolates! And my Badi Nani makes the best waffles, I love them you know"

"When are you making me taste them aah!?"

"You should come to my Nanis home, I'll even make you meet my Mamas, they are My favorites"

Wiping her Chocolate smudged lips, "I'll definitely come one day" her eyes beamed with happiness.

"But then you'll have to share your waffles with me, Deal?"

"Deal" she said and we both giggled.

"Avikaaa" her mother came running. She was panting heavily.

Avika smiled more. She turned to me and said "she is my mamma"

Avika's mother's eyes widened, "I thought she must be crying, and once she sees me she'll hug me like there's no tomorrow, But here, she is introducing me to you!" Her mother fake pouted and we all three giggled.

Avika got up from my lap and hugged her mother, and said "She is my Mami"

I again choked into my saliva, coughed and gulped hard.

"Umm, you know, umm, she asked me, umm what she should call me, and then umm, I said she should call whatever she feels like calling me and then umm she decided on its own, sorry about that" I cleared

Her mother laughed and said "it's okay I can understand, instead I should be grateful to you, thank you for keeping her safe, you are really a kind soul"

I smiled and before I could reply back I realized there were 4 pairs of eyes watching everything intently.

"Oh they are my family, we have been here to bid them a bye, I'm Ananya Oberoi, Avika's mother" she smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back.

"I'm Gargi, Gargi Prabhu, it's nice meeting you" I smiled politely.

One of the older ladies in her mid fifties may be, she hugged me "Thank you for keeping my grand daughter safe, you did a huge favor on us  God bless you child"

"Ugh, no worries aunty jii, she's one of the sweetest child I have ever met, she's so cute, I made a new friend you see" I said and winked at Avika who in return nodded and smiled brightly.

"Really, she doesn't mix up with strangers much but if she made you a friend she really liked you" Avika's mother, Ananya ji commented.

"She was hesitant initially but relaxed after a while" I said pinching her red nose lightly.

"Actually I have a flight now, I'm in a bit of hurry, and my bestfriend, she must be waiting for me, so I'll take your leave, it was indeed nice meeting you all"

I bent towards Avika, hugged her, "it was nice meeting you baby, don't forget your new friend okay?"

She nodded and pecked my cheek.
Ugh, Goodbyes are really difficult!

I was marching up towards the waiting room with the takeout, where I saw A man, correction handsome man talking/helping Sakshi carrying our luggage.

Aww, i should ship them, they both so would make cute babies!

I thought and then laughed at my own thoughts.

Once that guy disappeared, I approached Sakshi with a smug face, Ready to tease the hell out of her, making sure to get all details of her Juicy encounter with such a cute guy!

"You owe me a lot of explanation, NOW!!" I said.

"May be during the flight!?" She retorted.

"No, I have better things do while sailing in air!"

"You just want to sleep" she muttered under her breath.