• CHAPTER 2 •

~ Aryan's Pov ~

Warm rays of sun made my eyes wrinkle, And it didn't take a long for me to wake up at the dawn. Surprisingly neither am I a perfectly morning person nor a night owl. But it's safer to say I wake up with less tantrums and more positivity.

After running through my daily errands I decided to first call Avyaan, No doubt that person would always be found in the Gym which is just on the 4th floor of the Mansion. Passing through the hallway I made my way towards the elevator, just as I was gonna step inside it, an angelic, bubbly voice made me stop, "Mamaaa!" She yelled excitedly.
Guess what? my little baby niece Avika was here. She spends most of her time here only considering the fact that she lives just across our street. Today was my Maa Papa's wedding anniversary and it was decided for a cozy Family dayout.

"Avika!" I exclaimed, making my way towards her,picking her up in my arms.

"I missed you" she said in her baby words which weren't clear but were understandable.

"I missed you too Avika" I said. Taking her with me along the elevator in our hunt to find Avyaan.

The elevator pinged and Avika ran in search of her Avyaan Mama. When she spotted him, she had the same excitement she had minutes before encountering me. She jumped through the Gym and went to meet Avyaan me following her behind.

"Hey Baby!" Avyaan spoke in the most gentle voice Trying to catch her.
But to our astonishment she just ran and hid behind me.

"Hey, what happened princess" I asked her patting her little back.

She just struck her tongue to Avyaan, saying "Ew, Ew, you are smelly smelly"

It took me a moment to realize that Avyaan was drenched in sweat after him accomplishing his daily work out, I just couldn't stop myself laughing at the scenario where Avyaan was really trying to make a Pout thinking to be cute which really made him have a Constipated look.

Breakfasts and Dinners are mandatorily family gatherings.

We all took are places and now little Avika, after just betraying me was sitting on Avyaans lap eating her food through his hand. And guess what, Avyaan struck his tongue to me!
How mature!

He is 2 months older than me yet behaves like a child sometimes.

The Breakfast was just served when Bade Papa asked "What's the plan for today?"

We could have had visited any of our farmhouses to spend quality time but Me and Avyaan were leaving for Our vacation in 2 days, so we rather planned to chill out in our home itself.

"How about boys make today's lunch, while the girls could relax and watch a movie, Have a small party in the Garden ofcourse, order some nice dinner and  Then I can return home with Kartik and Avika.?" Ananya di suggested

"To ammend your plan, It's our wedding anniversary, So it's not fair for me to work in the kitchen, so I command my all 3 kids to make today's lunch, No Arguments" Badi Maa said rather ordered

Me, Ananya di and Avyaan, looked at each others face with just a single expression,  WE ARE DOOMED!!!

We three retired to the kitchen. I was Bad at cooking, but I knew, Ananya was Worse and Avyaan was worst. This made me best among them.

After lots of struggle tieing our aprons, tossing and catching potatoes and apples with each other, we finally had a Menu decided. It was some Rice, Curry, Rotis, Potato fritters, Kolhapuri Gravy and Fruit Salad with vanilla icecream!

It wasn't something great but for some poorly talented people in that field like us, it was really nothing less than a Feast!

Potato fritters and Fruit salad was to be done by Avyaan, While Rotis and Curry was to be done by Ananya di and lastly the rice and gravy by me.

With some youtube videos running parallely, Tons of motivation we started with our work. Avyaans job was easiest so he could complete his work comfortably. Ananya di was done with curry and struggling making Circular Rotis, I had steamed the rice and was making an attempt of preparing Gravy. Finally I had triumph, preparing a Gravy, which was indeed tasty but was no where near Veg Kolhapuri, So I just Named it as Aryan's Signature Vegetable Delight! Avyaan scrunched his nose hearing the name.!
While I looked over, and there was a slight change in the Menu, without even Me, the head chef being informed!? I just huffed!

But when I got knocked into my senses, my lips turned slightly upwards, Ananya di with her rolling pin was flattening the dough without even shaping it, Avyaan with an edged bowl, was imprinting small Circular Pudis, I joined my Junior chefs in deep frying them! Once we were done with our cooking we headed towards the living room where little Avika was busy playing with her doll while the Youngest Singhania couples were watching some Romantic movie, Badi Maa had her head on Bade papa's shoulder, While my Maa had rested her feet on Papas lap and was feeding him some popcorns!
Awww! They looked so cute!

With Adorable looks we came infront of them, While we were in Awe of their romantic arrangement both the couples started laughing hysterically!

"Is there something on our faces, why are you all laughing?" Avyaan commented

"Sheesha dekhke baat karo, shakal dekho apni apni" Badi Maa said in between her laughter.

"Mammaa you dadi, your hair white-white" Avika chirped in adding to Ananya dis dismay!

Then it struck my mind. Ananya di was fully caked with the Wheat Flour, her hair even had the flour, while on the other hand, I was drenched with various Sauces which not only contributed for my exquisite signature Gravy but also Distorting my clean face, Well Avyaan was pretty clean with just the batter of fritters spilled on his apron!

Hey!!! He prepared the easiest dishes!

Badi Maa and Maa decided to plate the dishes while we clean ourselves. Once we had our lunch, which according to senior Singhania ladies was nothing less than a 5 star meal, everyone descended back to their rooms.

We 3 headed to the Garden area for some arrangements and decorations of the small party. The cake was to be arrived at 6.

It was 5 when we had all the arrangements sorted.

"So when do you have to catch the flight boys?" Ananya di asked

"Umm after couple of days Dii" I replied

"We are gonna miss you so much Dii, if it wasn't Avika's exams you and Kartik jiju could have also joined us" Avyaan said sighing

"Well, make up for ditching me for this trip, bring me lots of Gifts" Ananya Dii warned and we chuckled nodding our heads.

-----

We had decided to make it a lavender themed party since it was Maa's favorite colour.
After changing into a black denim and a round neck, half sleeved lavender Benneton t shirt and a black denim, I paired it with my Rolex watch and some light Adidas sneakers.

Going downstairs, I saw Avika and Ananya Dii wearing matching Lavender colored off shoulder tops with black leather pants. Just after me Avyaan joined us wearing Lavender colored Tommy Hilfiger classic button down shirt, with rolled up sleeves, black formal pants and probably puma sneakers.

Maa-Papa and Badi Maa-Bade Papa were in lavender Sarees and Kurtas complementing each other perfectly. Kartik Jiju arrived in a Lavender t shirt which just matched with Ananya dii and Avikas attire.

Soon after the cake cutting, dinner, some family karaoke sessions and dozen rounds of Antaksharis and Dum charades, we called it for the day and retired to our Rooms. It was indeed a happy day! Ofcourse family accompanies with happiness..!