Chapter Twenty Nine

-Grayson pov-

I drove back to my place in a mood. An annoyed mood. Jana had just dumped the fact that she was allowing Justin to stay before she announced she was meeting Emma for coffee. How convenient, now we wouldn't be able to really talk about her decision. I didn't lie, I would always support her but I would have liked to hear her reasoning.

It seemed she had made the monumental decision on a whim. I wish she had consulted me, I could have guided her on a better path. Of course she should help her brother, but allowing him to have free access to her apartment when he has already stolen from her wasn't a smart idea. I just wanted what was best for my girl.

I parked in our driveway, huffing as I got out of my car and walked into the house. Ethan laid on the couch, stuffing his face as he stared at the TV screen. "Yo."

I simply grunted, stomped to my room to change into my work out clothes.

"What's the matter now?!" Ethan called after me, sighing deeply.

"Nothing!" I called back, opening my closet. I quickly changed into shorts and a loose t-shirt before I pulled my running shoes on.

Ethan glared at me when I walked past him to get to the kitchen. I grabbed a water bottle. "I'm going for a run!" I alerted Ethan, already on my way out the door.

I put my headphones in and started with a light jog, working my way faster and faster. I followed my familiar route through the neighborhood. I was so focused on the music blaring in my ears that I didn't even notice the old ladies ogling to me. I didn't take the time to stop and pet the friendly dogs or wave at my neighbors.

Too soon I was back home, sweating like crazy and heaving in deep breaths of air. I had finished my water a while ago, so as I entered the kitchen I just opened my mouth under the facet, taking deep gulps.

"Your going to drown yourself." Ethan joked.

I looked up to see him leaning against the kitchen doorway, an amused grin on his face. "Very funny." I wiped the trickle of water that had made its way down my chin.

"So what's the matter Gray? You're always in a mood when you go on obnoxiously long runs and stomp around the house."

"Just stressed is all." I pushed past him. "Make sure you're ready to film, we'll start once I get out of the shower."

"What about Jana?"

"She's with Emma."

"What?!" 

I didn't respond, hopping into the shower just as he stomped into my room, demanding answers about Emma and Jana being together. He was worried they were sharing embarrassing stories about him to each other.

I made sure to take my time showering and changing. I even had to blow dry my hair since we would be filming. Ethan complained the whole time, saying I was taking too long.

We would be filming "Who is the smarter twin?". It would be an easy, sit down video that we could do simply on the purple couch. Had a nice touch of twin competition and allowed us to get a break from our faster paced videos. 

We finally got into the filming room and I took a seat in the couch while Ethan focused the camera. "So, how did things go with Jana last night?"

"Good, yeah we got to talk."

"And things with her brother?"

I grunted. "He's a jerk."

"Well at least he's not sticking around."

"That's the problem, he is."

Ethan looked up, shock written across his face. "What? Why is he staying? I thought she wasn't close to her family."

"She's not, but she wants to be."

Ethan shrugged. "So support her."

"Yeah, I already told her that, and I will...I just-."

"Wish she would have told you her plans first?"

"Exactly!"

See, this is why I love having a twin. He always gets just what I'm thinking and feeling. It's easier to understand my own emotions when I can bounce them off of somebody who thinks just like me.

Ethan continued to fiddle with the camera. "But at the same time you feel bad wanting more communication since she's not officially your girlfriend..."

I groaned, leaning back against the couch. "Yes!"

"Gray, look up." He commanded.

I listened, sitting still so he could focus the lenses. "So what do I do E?"

He paused. "Really? You don't know what your next step is?"

"Yeah."

"Ask her to be your girlfriend, it's long overdue."

I thought for a few seconds, and everything seemed to click. "You're right."

"I usually am," He muttered, pressing play. "Ready?"

"Yeah, I'm ready to commit to a relationship, never thought I would be but-."

"Grayson, I'm talking about the video."

"Oh. Yeah, that too."

We got done filming rather quickly compared to other days since it was straightforward. It wasn't until we finished that I realized Jana hadn't come yet, even after four hours. Ethan went over to start editing, he liked it get a head start on it. Dave had also arrived, so he and Ethan got to work together.

I went outside by the pool, grabbing some food and water on my way. It was nice outside, but too chilly to swim. I sat in the sun, slowly eating my lunch as I scrolled on my phone. I didn't raise my head at the sound of the screen door opening, expecting Ethan to be coming out already bored with work.

"Hey." She took a seat on the chair beside me, as smooth as a spring breeze.

"Hi babe." I set down my sandwich, turning so that our knees rubbed.

For the first time that day I noticed that she was wearing the diamond earrings I had gotten her. They sparkled in the sunlight, matching the twinkle in her eyes.

"How was coffee?" I reached a hand out to caress her knee.

"Good, really good. We went shopping after."

"Oh, I was wondering what took you so long."

Jana smiled. "I got a new dress."

"Did you now?"

"Yes." She bit her lip. "I think you'll like it."

I leaned forward, lifting my hand to cup her cheek. "Wear that dress tonight for me okay? I want to take you out for dinner."

"Okay." She pecked my lips. "Now go back to your lunch. I have work to do."

"Yes ma'am."