chapter six

-Jana pov-

I left the house an hour later after going over everything with Dave and Ethan. I was officially hired and we went through what my schedule and requirements would be. Jenson had picked me up and dropped me back off at my complex, promising to see me soon.

I told the men I would have to quit my other jobs before I started and they completely understood. So, in two weeks I would go back to the house and start my new job for the Dolan Twins. Their last name and conveniently the name of their YouTube channel.

As soon as I got home I called Stella, screaming the good news. She screamed back, excited that not only was I still alive but I had also scored an amazing job. She asked about my new bosses but I thought back to the contract I had signed only hours before.

I was not to speak about my job to others. The twins wanted complete confidentiality. It sounded a little sketchy but after doing some research on the ride home I completely understood. They had more subscribers than I could even image. It made sense that they wanted the small part of their private lives kept private.

Stella was bummed that I couldn't tell her who they were but she understood, making me promise to be safe. Now she was worried I was in some weird cult. Her imagination never ceases to amaze me.

I was currently behind the desk at the laundromat. Only a old lady was inside, watching her sweaters tumble inside the machine. I sighed, sick of the off brand pop music they played all night long. I leaned back in my chair, deciding to dig a bit deeper into the twin's lives.

Finding their instagrams was easy with a quick name search. I first clicked on Ethan's page. It fit his personality perfectly. Lots of bright photos with him smiling and cockily smirking. He also always had on designer outfits and perfectly done hair.

Quite a few of the pictures showed him with his brother, Ethan always smiling and Grayson glum. Other photos showed him with different people, who I'm guessing to be other creators. I clicked on one that showed Emma and another guy with the twins.

I went onto Emma's tag to go to her page. Turns out she's also a youtuber under her full name, Emma Chamberlain. After going to her YouTube page it seemed like she was a fashion and vlog youtuber.

I couldn't find any concrete evidence of her and Ethan as a couple, but from what I saw today I believe that might be a real possibility.

I went back to Ethan's page, getting curious and clicking on the other tagged person. A beauty youtuber by the name of James Charles. Seems like he's friends with the twins as well.

I did more digging on their channels, finding all three of the channels posted a different video that the four of them did together. And each video had almost the top number of views and likes for each channel. This group was very successful. I decided to keep that information in mind, might come handy later on.

I sighed, knowing I had one more person to stalk. Grayson. His Instagram was starkly different from Ethan's. Mostly shirtless and dark photos, his face either in his signature frown or turned away from the camera. It was clear he was feeling himself.

Similar to Ethan he only had photos with his brother or other creators. No girlfriend in the picture then.

I found myself attracted to his mystery. What was he hiding? Who hurt him? I shook those silly thoughts from my head. He's just a stuck up rich jerk, that's all. I can handle working for him until I'm able to go back to school and get my degree.

What's the worst that can happen?

*two weeks later*

The past two weeks have been slow as I finished up my notice. I wouldn't miss the stinky laundromat with the creepy old men. But I would miss the boutique. I had made a lot of friends there over the years and had a lot of good memories. My last day was bittersweet but I was ready for a new chapter.

I woke up the first day of my new job feeling rejuvenated and excited. I did my hair the night before and had already picked out an outfit. I got ready and ate breakfast before getting my things and going to wait outside, Dave had confirmed with me that I would be picked up again.

I had a feeling my "Uber" was not an Uber at all, and Jenson was actually the twins personal driver. Clearly, over the past two weeks I had done a lot more digging. Late nights at the laundromat let to shocking discoveries. And I wanted to be prepared for my new job. I knew their career like the back of my hand and so I knew that they were rich and could certainly afford a personal driver. So, I expected to see Jenson picking me up.

Instead and familiar bright blue sports car pulled up, the window rolling down. Unfortunately, a glare and frown that I knew all too well met my gaze. "Get in." Grayson ordered. "We're going shopping."