Chapter Sixteen

-Jana pov-

"Here." Grayson handed me my iced vanilla latte, my favorite drink.

"Yum, thanks so much Gray." I took a hearty sip, savoring the flavor. "Ooo that's so, so good."

He rested his arm over my shoulder. "I'll get you one everyday if you please."

I laughed. "You're too good to me." Following my statement he dramatically opened the car door for me, closing it behind me as well.

Grayson drove with the windows down, both of us enjoying the sweet spring air and each other's company.

It was nice to wake up next to him this morning not being angry. He was so soft with me, kissing my eyelids and spooning me in his arms. Once we got ready he took me out to get breakfast, and finally we finished the morning by getting coffee. Now, we headed to the twins house to hopefully film a new video.

As we pulled up to the house Ethan came out, his arms crossed and his eyebrows furrowed. He waited until Grayson parked and turned the car off. "Where have you two been? It's almost eleven."

I got out of the car, holding up my coffee in a mock answer. Grayson came around from the drivers side. "What's up?"

"We leave for Jersey at five tonight, so get to packing," Ethan said plainly, spinning on his heel to go back inside.

"Wait, what?!" Grayson chased after him. "Is everything okay with-?"

"Yeah, everything is fine we're going to film the survival videos remember? That was your idea Gray." Ethan sounded annoyed, which made sense, considering.

I made eye contact with Grayson, both of us thinking the same thing. We forgot. "Could you-?"

"Take you back home to let you pack? Yeah." Grayson recited and answered my question, already grabbing my arm to take me back outside.

"Do I have to go...?" I complain.

He laughed, helping me back into his car. "What? You don't want to meet my parents?"

"No-! That's not-!"

"I'm messing with you Jana."

*at the Jersey airport*

It was three in the morning and all I wanted to do was sleep. We were waiting for the twins' mom to pick us up. I felt bad she had to come out so late at night.

"There's mom." Ethan's voice startled me awake, along with bright headlights in my face. A black car pulled up, the window rolling down to revel Lisa Dolan. Yes, I've done my research. 

She smiled warmly at all three of us, both of the boys going around the car to kiss her cheek. I put my suitcase into the truck before sliding into the backseat next to Grayson, Ethan sat in the front beside his mom.

"You're Jana, right?" Lisa asked, turning around the greet me.

"Yes, it's so good to meet you finally."

Lisa was very friendly, and made gentle conversation as we drove back to their house, but I still found it difficult to stay awake. Soon my head my resting on Grayson's shoulder as I listlessly answered Lisa's questions. The boys noticed how tired I was and took over, telling her about the next days schedule; where we would be setting up for filming. The sound of their voices lulled me off to sleep.

I was woken up by the sound of birds chirping and the sun in my eyes. I was in an unfamiliar bed, the sheets smelling like pine and Grayson's body wash. I opened my eyes, remembering where I was.

"Good morning princess," A raspy voice spoke.

I stretched out, humming. "Morning. Did you bring me in?"

"Yeah, you were out cold." He leaned over the bed, his lips meeting my forehead.

"Hey, breakfast is ready guys." Ethan's head popped into the room. He seemed to freeze for a moment, noticing the tension between Grayson and I. "S-see you down there." He shook his head, walking out of the room.

"What have you told him?" Grayson's hazel eyes met mine as I spoke.

He shrugged, standing up. "Nothing, he can think what he wants."

I took that as and end to the conversation and got out of bed. I quickly changed and fixed my messy hair before heading downstairs, following the voices.

I took my time down the hallway, eyeing the pictures lining the walls. I was stopped in my tracks as I noticed almost every single picture with the boys, ages young and present, showed a girl in the middle. She had blond or brunette hair and her arms were always around the boys, big smiles on all of their faces. Is that they're sister? I've never heard of a sister...

I shook my head, if they never mentioned her it's none of my business. I still stored the information away, hoping to ask Grayson about it one day.

As I walked into the kitchen the conversations stalled, everyone looking over to me. I awkwardly went over to Grayson's side. "Good morning."

"Morning Jana, did you sleep well?" Lisa asked, flipping pancakes on the stove.

"I did, thank you." I made a show of looking around. "Your house is beautiful."

"Ah, she does take great pride in that." A different voice answered from behind me. I turned just as a hand rested on my shoulder. "Nice you meet you Jana, I'm Sean, the boy's dad."

"Nice to meet you as well."

He smiled warmly. "Let me know if you ever need anything."

"Thank you."

He kissed Lisa's cheek before taking a seat at the table, beside Ethan. They started a conversation, Ethan looking ecstatic to be home.

"Could I help at all?" I asked Lisa.

"Oh sure sweetie! Could you take everything from the island over to the table?"

I nodded, picking up the plates and silverware to set the table before grabbing the other food. Once she finished the pancakes the five of us sat down and dug in.

"So, Jana, you keeping my boys in check?" Sean asked, chuckling.

I laughed. "I hope!"

"Well, I think this survival idea is a great one." Lisa pipped up.

"Actually, that was Grayson's idea." I offered, smiling in his direction.

He nodded in appreciation. "It should be fun, Jana added some good rules to abide by."

I shook my head in agreement. "I'll be fun, my money is on Grayson winning."

Ethan lifted his head, pancake falling out of his mouth. "Hey!"