Chapter Thirty

-Jana pov-

I felt pretty, beautiful even. Although I dress up frequently with Stella it's hard to feel pretty beside her since she always goes so out of her way to show off.

Today I took the time for myself, I wanted to show off to only two people. Myself, and Grayson.

I wore my new sage green dress, paired with white heels. I kept my jewelry simple, opting for the earrings Grayson got me and a plain thin silver chain. I also kept my makeup to a minimum and wore my hair down, freshly curled.

It was perfect. Tonight would be perfect, I could feel it.

I walked out into my living room, I had lost track of time and Grayson was almost here. I hated the thought of making him wait.

"Where are you going?" Justin spoke from couch, where he had probably laid all day.

"Grayson is taking me out..." I stopped in front of the mirror by my door, blotting at my lipstick.

Justin snorted. "So he makes you get all dressed up for him huh? The poor can't show through I guess..."

"It's not like that Justin, and you know so."

"Sure."

Before I could respond to his ignorant comments there was a sharp knock at my door. I opened it to find a smiling Grayson, holding a large bouquet of flowers.

"Oh Gray! They're beautiful!" I took the flowers from his hands, all thoughts of my brother and family leaving my mind.

"I knew you would like them..." I could feel his gaze on me as I turned away to find a vase.

I hummed another thanks, finding the perfect vase in my top cabinet. I filled it with water before arranging the flowers. Grayson leaned against the island across from me.

"You look beautiful Jana." His voice was low, so that only I heard the words and not my brother.

A blush surly rose to my cheeks. "Thanks babe....there! All done, we can go now."

"Yes please!" Justin interjected. "I can practically hear you two eye-fucking!"

"Justin please-!" I sighed, clenching my fists as I closed my eyes to ground myself.

Grayson took a step toward Justin but I held my hand out. "Let's go."

He hesitantly turned his angry eyes away from Justin and back to me, adoration entering them once more. "Okay." He took my hand, and I simply waved goodbye to Justin as we left.

I waited until we were in the car until I spoke. "It'll get better, easier, with time."

Grayson's knuckles were white as he drove. "You think?"

"Yes..." The word was not as determined as I had hoped. "Once he's out of withdrawal he won't be as angry and when he gets a job-."

"It's not your problem Jana! You shouldn't have to take the weight of his wrongs!" Grayson gestured wildly.

I rested my hand on his arm. "Please, can we not argue? I want to have a good night."

He sighed deeply. "You're right. This is a conversation for another day." We shared a smile. "I also want to have a good night, a very good night actually."

I interlaced my fingers with his. "Me too."

We rode the rest of the way in comfortable silence, his thumb stroking the back of my hand. Grayson drove to the most expensive strip in all of LA. I was too surprised to say anything as he pulled up to the front of a very expensive restaurant, where a valet service waited for us. I was simply in shock as he opened the car door for me, offering his hand and taking us both inside.

I was immediately out of my comfort zone. The restaurant was brightly lit, it sat on a cliff overlooking a valley and river so there were many windows. However, the tone was hushed as most of the people were dressed in the finest of clothes and had the best manners.

It seemed my hearing was fuzzy as all my focus was on my surroundings. Grayson guided me over to a table, seated along the windows. I finally dragged my eyes from the clean table cloths and bright flower arrangements.

"Gray..." I could barely hold back tears.

He simply smiled and pulled the chair out for me. I sat, now staring in awe at the view before us. But thankfully my eyes were torn away to an even better view. He had done his hair, swept up above his forehead. He wore a light blue button down, bringing out the sparkle in his hazel eyes. He smiled brightly. "I want to spoil you Jana."

I laughed half-heartedly. "Well you certainly are..."

Our waiter came over and we ordered drinks, asking for more time with the menu. As I looked over the many expensive choices his hand reached across the table to grab mine. I welcomed the comfort, feeling awkward in such a different setting from what I was used to.

Finally we ordered our food and fell into a comfortable conversation about work. Grayson shared the new idea he and Ethan had for a video series. We also talked about the possibility of doing more sister squad videos. The twins also wanted to visit home again, with me in tow. But I felt they deserved time alone with their family. And maybe I was still confused over wether they had a sister or not. I guess I'm not ready to confront the issue.

Either way, the night went very well. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Although I tried to tell him otherwise, Grayson ordered dessert. He also muttered something to the waiter, a smirk on his face as he did so.

We continued to laugh and enjoy our time together so when a rich chocolate cake was brought to the table I didn't think anything of it. Until Grayson gestured with his fork for me to look down.

Spelled out in chocolate syrup on the white plate read, "Be mine?"

I gasped, looking up to meet his gaze. "Is this-? Are you-?"

He smiled, now reaching across the table to take both of my hands. "I am. Will you be my girlfriend Jana?"

It felt as a crate of bricks was dropped from my shoulders. "Yes, Grayson. I will."