chapter nine

-Jana pov-

It was my very first time I would be working with another influencer to make a collab video with the twins.

I had spent a lot of time on this deal, many emails back and forth. And today was the day.

I had bought all the supplies on my company card and made sure to clean the filming space extra well. I also went over everything with the twins. Ethan listened very well, asking lots of questions. Grayson just scrolled on his phone.

The doorbell rang and I jumped up, excited to meet the man I had spoken to several times. I already knew how nice he would be.

I opened the door. "Hey!"

"Hola!" Juanpa Zurita exclaimed, immediately going for a hug.

"Oh, oh!" I was surprised at the hug but embraced him back nonetheless.

The twins came around the corner, both warmly greeting Juanpa. It was shocking how easily Grayson could flip a switch, becoming a funny and kind guy. I've seen him do it before, as soon as the camera is on he is a different man. Makes me wonder which version of Grayson is real.

The three made some small talk and discussed the video in the living room as Dave and I set everything up. They eventually moved to the filming room.

The video went very smoothly. The boys were "learning Spanish the hard way". I found myself entertained from their hysterics as they endured the punishments. The chemistry between the twins and Juanpa was also very warm, I knew the video would do well.

After we wrapped up we all went out for dinner. Juanpa was so funny and great to talk to, he had lots of stories to tell. He also brought out the best in the twins, Ethan was more laid back and Grayson was more talkative.

But Dave kept the conversation going. He asked a lot of good questions and always filled the awkward silence.

The night ended with another big hug from Juanpa and a promise to see me the next day, since I would. We would be filming at his place next for his part of the collab.

As we walked back to the cars I yawned, stumbling in my steps. I would have to go back to their house to help clean up and start editing. It'll be a long night.

"I can take you home." Grayson's deep voice startled me.

It seemed like he and I had wandered behind Ethan and Dave who were in an intense discussion.

"No, you guys need help. I'll be fine."

He pulled his keys out of his pocket, clicking the button to unlock his nearby car. For some reason he chose to drive separately. "Get in the car Jana, you're about to fall over."

"Grayson-."

"Get in." He didn't wait for my response, getting into the drivers seat and slamming the door shut.

I sighed, calling out to Ethan and Dave. "Grayson is going to take me home, see you guys tomorrow!"

They waved goodbye as I got into Grayson's car. As usual, he sped off, his music blaring. We were farther away from my apartment so the ride was long.

Suddenly he spoke up, interrupting my thoughts. "You did well."

"Oh, uh, thanks."

We fell back into silence for the rest of the ride. Grayson pulled up to my complex and I made to get out but he grabbed my wrist. "Sleep well Jana."

I smiled. "Drive safe Gary, I'll see you in the morning." This time I didn't wait for a response, shutting the car door and walking inside.

I was surprised to find Stella sitting outside my door, eating a donut. She talked with her mouth full, standing. "Took you long enough."

I shook my head, unlocking my door. "How long have you been waiting?"

She smirked, shoving past me to get inside. "Not long. Have any food..." She had wandered over to the window and was looking out. "Oh my god! Is that-? It is!"

"Who?" I ran over to stand beside her.

Grayson was getting out of his car, walking toward the front door of the complex.

"What is he-?" I muttered.

"That's Grayson Dolan Jana!" Stella exclaimed. "I have to meet him!" She ran out of my apartment and down the stairs.

I ran after her. "Wait! No wait Stella!"

But she was already at the bottom floor, standing in awe in front of a very confused Grayson. His eyes met mine and he held out my phone. "You left this."

I quickly grabbed it. "Thanks, you can go now-."

"No!" Stella exclaimed. "What's going on? How do you know each other?" She turned to Grayson, a strange look on her face. "Can I get a picture?"

Grayson's face contorted through several emotions. Confusion, anger, and then, surprisingly, happiness. "Sure." He held up a peace sign and smiled as Stella took a selfie with him, thanking him over and over. Once she took enough pictures he stepped away, still not looking at me. "Nice to meet you. Now would you leave Jana and I alone for a second?"

"Of course!" She exclaimed, mouthing "oh my god!!" as she walked past me and up the stairs.

I turned toward him, already expecting his anger and harsh words. "I'm so sorry, I didn't tell her I promise, she saw you before I did-."

He sighed, running his hand over his face as his posture dropped slightly. "It's fine...can she be trusted?"

"Yes," I said confidently.

"Then tell her, no point in hiding it now." He opened his mouth as if to say something but shook his head instead, stopping his words. He went to leave.

"Thanks again, for bringing my phone!" I called after him.

He waved me off. "Don't mention it, night."

"Good night."

I watched him go out to his car and finally drive away before before I went upstairs. Stella was waiting for me, a giddy smile on her face. "Spill, now."